25

"Why'd you push all of today's meetings to next week?" Jack asks following me down the hallway as I walk towards the elevator

"Evelina's shop is opening today" I respond as I click on the elevator button. I turn around to look at him and he has this stupid smirk on his face, I squint my eyes and nod my head towards him asking "What's that look on your face?".

"You don't strike me as the man that would cancel important meetings to attend the fake wife's opening ceremony" he answers.

"She is my friend and I want to show her support".

"Yeah yeah" he laughs sarcastically then pats my shoulder leaning in towards me "Admit it cousin, that pussy is just so tight and wet you can't get enough of it".

I don't even think before throwing a punch onto his face his body slams to the floor and I demand "Get the fuck up" I grab his tie pulling him on his feet again coming face to face. His nose starts to bleed, I pull him by the tie closer and he reeks of alcohol.

Fucking bastard

"You don't talk about my wife like that, you don't get to disrespect her like that and you sure as hell won't be mentioning her name again am I clear?" He stands still shocked and the employers gather around at the end of the hallway.

"Go home and sober up for the love of God" letting go of his tie I turn around and enter the elevator running my hand through my hair I feel pain radiating from my knuckles. I take a look at my hand that starts to swell. I don't usually go around and punch people especially not family and not over a woman.

However, this is not an ordinary woman. That's my wife the woman that fulfills most of my dreams.

The elevator stops at the ground floor and I step out. My eyes land on Peter, my driver, who is sitting with the receptionist talking. They both notice and immediately stand "I'll get the car immediately, sir" Peter says before rushing to the door.

I watch him leave and walk towards the receptionist asking her "Did the florist deliver the flowers?".

"Yes sir, just like you asked 50 bouquets of white roses mixed with lavenders were delivered to your Mrs. Enderson's shop".

"Good, thank you".

"Sir, Peter is ready for you outside" she points at the glass doors where Peter is standing next to my car. I head towards the car, Peter holding the back passenger door open.

I step into the car and he closes the door and enters the car starting the engine. Looking to my right I find the custom jewelry box along with the rose bouquet I bought for Evelina. I try to relax in my chair, my knuckles have turned into a bright shade of pink I can't even make a fist with my hand.