64

With the pregnancy test in my hand I watch Evelina's eyes widen in shock

With the pregnancy test in my hand I watch Evelina's eyes widen in shock. She quickly turns around closing the stove putting whatever she was cooking aside. And then turns to face me again.

"I was going to tell you," She says fumbling with her hands.

"You're pregnant?" I ask and she immediately shakes her head "I'm not sure, I have symptoms, I'm late I'm not sure if it's because I'm pregnant or due to the shot I took a while ago,"

I run my hand through my face, I don't know what to think and what to tell her. We spoke about this before and said we won't be trying for a baby unless she is ready but now this.

I take few steps towards her wrapping my arms around her shoulders "I'm scared Devon," she says her voice trembling.

Stroking her hair I kiss her forehead "There is nothing to be scared of, I promised you I'll have your back in whatever decision you make,"

She pulls a hit to raise her head and looks me in the eyes "You promise to love me no matter what I do?"

"I told you before Eve, nothing else matters as long as I have you, now take this test" I push the box onto her hand.

She takes a deep breath and holds it tight in her hand walking away from me. I stand alone in the kitchen running through the hundred possibilities.

If it's positive she'll most likely choose not to have it and I promised to stick by her no matter what decision she makes. But will I really able to support her do that and not regret it in the long run.

I take off my suit jacket throwing it over one of the chairs. My mind going million places I can't seem to have a decent thought. Strom suddenly appears in the kitchen and snuggles around my legs I bend down to pat her head.

I don't know how long Evelina was gone but it seemed like hours as I waited for her, I hear the sound of her barefoot steps on the wooden floor shuffling as she walks toward the kitchen.

Her hand holding the test wrapped in a tissue, her gaze is locked onto it, when she reaches me she hands me the test and the result isn't out yet. I put the test on the kitchen island and lift Evelina onto the island standing between her legs.

She holds onto the fabric of my shirt tight as we wait for the test. I keep taking peeks over to see the result and then when it's out I grab the stick holding it between us and it shows on the tiny screen.

Negative

Evelina lets out a relief sob and starts crying, I throw the test aside to comfort my wife "It's alright," I tell her rubbing her back.

She wraps her arms around my neck her face pressed onto my chest. I kiss the top of her head "Go sit down and relax I'll make the dinner tonight," I tell her.

She pulls away and her mascara is running a bit and as she sniffles she asks "You'll make the steak Jessica spoke about?"

"If it's what you want I'll make it,"