5

"Last night you called me and you seemed off a bit, then y-" he said and I immediately interrupted the "why did I call you?"

He raised an eyebrow and said "I don't like being interrupted".

"Of course sorry".

He continued "You thought I was your father, and then you started talking nonsense about how upset you are over your mother's reaction to you double majoring and you said a lot of family drama issues and complained about everything, there were loud music in the background and I didn't hear you well but I did hear multiple men hitting on you and you suddenly yelled and hung up the call".

My cheeks heated up in embarrassment, I can't believe I told him about my private matters. He twirled his glass and tipped his head to take a sip.

He placed the glass back on the table and explained "there has been a rumor going around about a gang kidnapping girls and raping them then murdering them and I feared that the men who hit on you were them so I called you multiple times and you didn't answer, I texted you and no response so I tracked your phone down".

"You did what?" I whispered-yelled.

"You left me no choice, I know that Jack cares about you a lot and you are not unpleasant to be with, I didn't want to be the last person who talked to you alive".

I still have no memories from last night but I could guess who are the men be spoke about and I was mortified that he might have found the truth about me. The last thing I need is for my husband to be to think that I'm a whore or a gold digger. He cleared his throat when the waiter came in bringing the appetizers. I stared at my plate not wanting to look at his disappointment.

"I got into the bar you were in, and found you in the lady's room, you were in one of the stools trying to push a man off of you and he wouldn't budge and so I grabbed him from behind and punched him and that was the first time ever that I've committed violence for the sake of a woman, I grabbed you and urged you to follow me but you were mad and told me to fuck off, so I grabbed you from your waist and threw you over my shoulder and carried you to my car".

He started eating his salad and I started thinking on why was I mad. I looked at him waiting for him to continue my embarrassing story. I grabbed my sparkling water and started drinking.

"I didn't quite understand why you were mad until I got you to my car, I wasn't driving I had a driver so I sat with you in the backseat and apparently you were upset and I believe the words you used were stop cockblocking my night".

I chocked on my drink. And coughed.

Oh my lord

"I told you that I had no idea that you were into that man and I thought he was taking you against your well and I would have done it again even if I knew that you wanted to get laid, because it's wrong to take an advantage of a drunk woman and he was sober, I don't care that you gave him consent it's just fucked up in a lot of ways"