53

Devon and I have been skating for almost an hour "I'm starving," I tell him as we leave the rink he guides me to sit down and starts untying my ice skates

"You know this place better than I do, where do you want to have lunch?" He asks puking the skates off of my foot then moving to my other doing the same.

I bite my lip liking this view way too much. The sight of my gorgeous husband on his knees helping me put on my sneakers. He lifts his head and his eyes are on mine "I'm waiting for an answer here," he says.

"Sorry I got distracted, I happen to be married to an attractive man" I tell him biting the inside of my cheek.

"Is that so?" He asks sitting next to me taking off his ice skates and putting his shoes on. I nod resting my head on his strong arm feeling it flex as he ties his shoes.

I feel his lips on the top of my head "Mrs. Kenton makes really good pizza" I tell him standing up he furrows his eyebrows "There is a restaurant called Mrs. Kenton?"

I shake my head "No, she is an old lady, lives around this area and has a small house business, I used to go there almost everyday after school"

He stands tucking his hands in the pockets of his coat, I wrap my hand around his forearms and lead the way and he seems very distant as we walk. I can tell that his mind is elsewhere

"Devon, is there something happening with work?"

He stops walking and sighs "I'm having a really good day and so are you, I don't want to talk about it and ruin our day,"

"Talk to me what's wrong? It won't ruin our day"

His hands are on my shoulders squeezing me "It's Heartstrong, he suffered a massive stroke and they declared him brain dead this morning,"

I gasp at the news, as I never saw this coming. Heartstrong, the man who manipulated me into giving him a sexual favor just to force himself in my ass.

I don't know how to feel about the news, part of me is relived that I'll never have to see him again. It must be difficult for Devon though he has known this man for years.

Devon's fingers tilt my chin up and I say "I'm sorry this must be difficult for you,"

He shakes his head "He might've been my mentor years ago, he was a good teacher but a shitty person, I know that we shouldn't speak ill of the dead but,"

I whisper under my breathe "He go what he deserved,"

The minute I said that I placed my hands on my lips, that's not exactly what I meant to say but it made Devon smile "I'm sorry, I didn't mean that" I quickly apologize