55

Evelina keeps twisting and turning in bed, and I scan through my emails on the laptop

Evelina keeps twisting and turning in bed, and I scan through my emails on the laptop. She finally faces me her hand beneath her head "What's wrong sweetheart?" I ask placing my laptop on the night stand.

I run my hand through her dark hair and she sighs "I don't want to go home,"

I start to adjust the pillows behind my back so I could lie on the bed, my eyes on Evelina's as I pull the covers over both of us.

"You can stay here for longer, I wouldn't mind you know that" I tell her stroking her cheeks and she shakes her head "I don't want us to go back, you'll be swamped with work and I'll be busy for the winter fashion week, we won't have time to be together"

"Come here," I take her body and snuggle it against mine. My hands roam her back and I kiss her forehead "You don't have to worry about that, I promise I'll always make time for you,"

Tonight is our last night in LA, the days have passed quicker than I thought they would. I get her frustration, but we made beautiful memories in this little while we stayed with her parents. Evelina ended up changing her mind on getting the piercing and we didn't get the matching tattoos as well since she got her period, and it would have been too painful for her. We decided to get the tattoos when we are back in London.

On Christmas, we exchanged gifts with her parents it was very cozy and homie, I obviously missed my family and made sure to call my siblings and my dad.

Spending this time with Evelina and her parents taught me a lot about my wife, she never fails to amaze me. I had no idea that she can sing so beautifully and play the piano like a professional as well.

"I've been meaning to ask you," She starts saying her hands drawing circles on my chest, I wait for her to speak up and she sighs "What's going to happen to Heartstrong now?"

Of course she'd want to know that.

I stroke my jaw "Claire decided to pull life support this week, they'll have a private funeral for him."

She hums nodding "Well what about his board seat? His shares? It's going to his family right?"

"That was the initial plan yes, but none of his sons want to be a part of the company and so they decided to sell his shares and split the money among themselves"

"And you are okay with that? A stranger buying the shares and joining your company?"

I shake my head "Absolutely not, that's why I'm buying them".

She groans "Doesn't that mean you'll have more work to do now?"

I kiss her cheek "No, you don't have to worry about that, I'll be busy only at the first two months which you'll also be busy with fashion week. You won't even notice that I'm gone more than before,"