34

After showering together, Evelina wrapped a towel around her naked body and left my room

After showering together, Evelina wrapped a towel around her naked body and left my room. Our room. To dress up and get ready in her room. I told her that I'll have Helena hire professionals who can transfer her closet to mine and arrange our stuff.

I headed downstairs to the kitchen after getting ready to make myself a cup of coffee. Helena greeted me for the morning and helped me with the coffee.

I can't help but notice her knowing smile, she keeps glancing over her shoulder to watch me. I try to hide my goofy smile behind the mug, and then I clear my throat "Helena, I'd like you to make some adjustments upstairs after Evelina and I leave, I need you to hire a professional staff to move Evelina's clothes to my bedroom's closet".

At first she looks too stunned to speak then she says "She is finally moving to your room?" I almost choke on my coffee. Finally moving. It's as if she has been anticipating this for a while now. She quickly shakes her head "Um, I'll make sure to get it done before you make it home".

"Thank you,".

Then there is the awkward silence. I've known Helena since I was in pre-school school, she practically helped my mum raise me. And when my mother passed away, Helena treated me as if I'm her own. I owe her a lot.

Suddenly I feel Helena's hand on my shoulder she says "Your mother would've loved her,".

"You think?"

"Oh definitely, I know this is not a real marriage, and it's a mutual agreement between the two of you. However, I think this could be it".

I shake my head "I don't think she likes me that way,"

We are attracted to each other physically for sure. But I don't think on an emotional level we are at the same place. I hear Evelina's footsteps clicking the floor as she comes downstairs. I turn my head and watch her walk towards me and Helena.

Helena removes her hand from my shoulder and says "Good morning, do you want me to make you pancakes?"

"Morning, yes please" Evelina says as she sits next to me. Helena walks around the kitchen to preparer the batter for the pancakes. Evelina suddenly says in a low voice "She knows doesn't she?".

"Well, you were quite loud in the shower" I comment sipping my coffee and she slaps my elbows "Don't say things like that" she whispers-yells.

"So, when are we heading to your father's?" She asks propping her elbows on the kitchen counter. I look at her to answer but I can't help and admire her beauty. She is wearing a light pink polka dot summer dress that reaches a little below her knees. She matched it with white sneakers. This is probably the most casual outfit I've ever seen from her. Her black hair is blow-dried and it falls to her waist, she doesn't have a lot of make up on and she looks breathtaking.