Chapter 98: The answers are ahead

Start from the beginning

No one other than me bathed a lash so I went with the flow. The leading lady was fully in white, an hourglass figure with a suit that perfectly suited her proportions, the whole worn with the sound of high heels. They were only visible when she would take one step after one.

We were soon met with giant mirrors in a private room. I looked at Jess and I almost missed the words she was whispering to me.

"It's a floor for all the titled of the pack."

I acquiesced and I watched the woman picking out outfits. White obviously. When she was done taking out the whole closet she picked my girl and examined her from head to toe.

"You are tall and toned. Really lean. Try this two piece linen dress. A straight low rise skirt, it could easily look vulgar with any tight material on you."

My girl started sulking, but I couldn't help but laugh.

'At least you have a big ass.'

I added on the mindlink.

She seemed offended but her lips quickly curved into a tiny smile.

"For the top a tiny cropped top with the same fabric and you'll be amazing."

The pieces were shoved on her hands as she went on the back to try these on. And I was the next to get cooked.

As Jess was fast to find her happiness I thought it would be the same for me.

After the first ten try Jess came back looking like a forest nymph.

She was looking perfect with her gold locks and her low rise skirt. Her full abdomen was on display and she was amazingly drawn. Her v line, her abs, and a small fabric to hide her nips.

The girl was perfect.

That being said, there was nothing for me.

"Can't I just wear whatever the Red Maiden wore."

If the bees were flying, now they were dead. Silence engulfed the mirrored room. Jess stopped breathing and the shop worker stopped rummaging through all the clothes.

"Luna Serah; Would you mind explaining why you are in my establishment if you intend to dress like a sinner."

My mind tried to turn the whole question around but I didn't understand.

"Madame, I didn't tell her the whole story, and she didn't mean any harm..."

"Beta Jessica, if I recall, you are a descendant of the Alpha family, it is in your responsibility to educate the ignorant. Even more so if it's an outsider meant to rule over Red Crescent. Before she shed any more shame on our pack."

Her icy words were not pleasant, neither for me nor for my baby girl.

"Excuse me Madame. If there is something bothering you about me then you'd better say it now, instead of criticizing someone totally outside of your issue."

My voice elevated, discontent with the level of disrespect she was displaying in front of us. Who did she think she was?

She took a step closer, sharpening the sword she held between her teeth.

"Look at here, Miss Silverknight, you might not know but the luna and the alpha of one pack is the face of it. In front of their own fellowship, in front the alliance and in front of the world.

A weak Luna is a weak Alpha. A weak Alpha, is a weak Pack. A weak pack is the perfect prey..

You are strong, you displayed your capabilities more than once.

However, you are ignorant of our rules, of our customs, and of our religion.

You cannot win the hearts of your followers if you don't understand the basic knowledge of our system.

A Luna without the support of her pack is a weak Luna.

You are weak Serah.

How can you claim a position you never earned?

Even if the Moon Goddess deem you capable, you have yet to prove yourself, exactly because you are the chosen one.

And you cannot invent something you don't know so it is to the alpha family to educate you, as you are their responsibility. Jessica Rider should do a better job if she wants her pack to prosper."

My anger turned bitter, constricted my throat. I couldn't even argue. There wasn't a word she said that was false. I was weak and I didn't have any support. I looked down processing the words.

But my chin was yanked back up with force.

"Looking down is for those who have time, you don't so only look forward, you may find the answer ahead. If it was at your feet, life you'd be less enjoyable."

...

Hello guys, thank you for keeping up. I just didn't know how to write this chapter next week there will be another one I promise.

I love you all.