Chapter 151-155:

Chapter 151: Discussion

  "Are you busy with anything tonight? I brought some delicious food. Let's have dinner together tonight?"
  Su Chen took the initiative to invite Nangong Shouyi to have dinner with him. It just so happened that he brought a lot of delicious food from China this time, which Nangong Shouyi should like to eat.
  "OK."
  Nangong Shouyi nodded in agreement.
  "By the way, Chen, when are you going to go to Kagan City again?"
  Private matters can wait until the evening. Nangong Shouyi looked at the filled container and asked Su Chen when he would leave for Kagan City next time.
  Su Chen has not been to Kagan City for a while. If the time is too long, the people in Kagan City will inevitably become impetuous.
  Seeing that Su Chen was busy with the things at Blue Star, it was time to go to Kagan City.
  "Let's go there tomorrow." Su Chen thought for a while and said.
  The delay this time was relatively long. Although the people in Kagan City were deceived by Su Chen, they could not delay for too long.
  Especially the Wang family.
  The Wang family spent all the green crystals in their inventory to treat Nangong Shouyi, but so far they have received nothing except Su Chen's verbal canned trading rights.
  If Su Chen doesn't go to Kagan City for a long time, they will definitely be anxious.
  If things go wrong, they will secretly send people to the place of death to check the situation.
  "How many cans will you bring this time?" Nangong Shouyi asked.
  "Bring 200,000 cans with you. The Zhao family and Feng family each have 50,000, and the Wang family has 100,000."
  Su Chen thought for a while and decided on an amount.
  Fifty thousand of the cans were considered the medical expenses spent on Nangong Shouyi's last treatment.
  The Wang family emptied their inventory and brought in a lot of fourth-level green crystals. These 50,000 cans were not too many.
  "So many? Can they afford so many trading resources?"
  Nangong Shouyi was a little surprised. He thought Su Chen would bring at most 100,000 cans this time.
  Kagan City has limited resources, and the two hundred thousand cans are worth a lot of money, so they may not be able to eat them.
  "It's okay if they can't take it out. Let them take the cans to other cities to sell them, and then help us buy supplies and bring them back."
  Su Chen naturally knew that Kagan City could not swallow this amount of money at once.
  But it was not easy to make a transportation trip. Su Chen didn't want to leave half the carriage empty and had to pull it over twice.
  This not only wastes time, but also bears the risk of shipping goods twice.
  Secondly, Su Chen also wanted to ask the Feng, Zhao and Wang family to sell cans to other cities, increase sales, and transport more supplies for them.
  Now that Su Chen had deceived three families, and these 200,000 cans were smashed down with real substance, they no longer hesitated about Su Chen's identity, and they probably didn't have the guts to steal Su Chen's goods.
  "Okay, then I'll arrange for the robot to load the truck."
  Nangong Shouyi nodded, operated on the AP, called a transport robot, entered the program, and asked them to count the goods and transport the cans to the truck.
  Su Chen and Nangong Shouyi discussed the materials to be exchanged this time.
  First is the spar.
  Su Chen's time and space mark is still one-third of the experience bar short of reaching the third level, and it needs to be filled with crystal stones.
  So spar is a must.
  Moreover, the base is now under construction, and various facilities also require crystal stones as energy to operate.
  In addition, Su Chen plans to acquire Green Crystal in large quantities in the long term.
  This is prepared for Nangong Shouyi. Although Nangong Shouyi has temporarily suppressed it, if he cannot suppress it and upgrades in the future, he will need a massive amount of crystals to pave the way for him.
  Su Chen didn't know how much it would take to upgrade in the future, but if he started preparing to collect it now, there would be no problem.
  The second one is building materials.
  The base now has manpower and has begun to build infrastructure, so building materials are also necessary.
  The third one is medical related equipment.
  Green crystal can basically treat most diseases, but if used in conjunction with a treatment cabin, it can save a lot of energy.
  Moreover, Zheng Ninghai and others will also come to the base later, and Su Chen also needs to build a hospital there.
  Whether it is treating the residents of the base or examining Nangong Shouyi's body to find out the "cause" of his disease, these high-end medical instruments and medical talents are indispensable.
  The most important thing this time is to redeem these three items.
  I already bought a lot of weapons and ammunition the previous two times, and the ammunition can be charged using crystals, so I don’t need to buy any more this time.
  Su Chen hoped that the Zhao family could go to a big city this time to exchange him for some high-end equipment.
  Weapons and protective equipment are all fine. Su Chen doesn't need ordinary equipment anymore. He needs some high-end goods now.
  "Are we going to buy slaves this time?" Nangong Shouyi looked at Su Chen and asked.
  Su Chen thought for a while and did not answer. Instead, he asked, "How many people did the guard recruit this time?"
  Suchen's main purpose of purchasing slaves was to form his own military force.
  It's impossible to walk in the wasteland without strong fists.
  Su Chen's showmanship can frighten him for a while, but it cannot frighten him forever. Once someone discovers it, the entire base will be in danger of being destroyed.
  Therefore, you must make yourself stronger before being discovered.
  "Because the requirements are relatively strict, only 162 people were recruited into the escort team this time."
  Nangong Shouyi transferred the recruitment data of various departments to Su Chen for review.
  The number of slaves purchased this time, excluding the families of experimenters such as Zheng Ninghai and those young and old who were used as "additional heads", totaled more than 400.
  This group is basically all young adults.
  The Feng family did not dare to deceive Su Chen and chose a group of slaves with relatively strong bodies. These were also the best labor force.
  However, after selecting from more than 400 people, Nangong Shouyi finally selected only 162 people to join the escort team. This also shows how strict Nangong Shouyi is in selecting people.
  Physical fitness is needed, but so is personal quality!
  If any of the two fails to meet the standards, they will be ruthlessly eliminated by Nangong Shouyi.
  This is normal. The escort team will be the first barrier for the base when it faces danger.
  If the escort team is mixed and has two minds, it will be very harmful to the base.
  Especially when walking outside the base, Su Chen and Nangong Shouyi did not want to worry about backstabbing from the escort while facing the enemy.
  "162 people, that's a bit small."
  Su Chen thought for a while and said, "Buy another batch. We need to clean the sewers and spread the base to the outside. These more than a hundred people are not enough."
  Su Chen's previous idea was to stabilize these five or six hundred people first, and then continue to expand enrollment after these people adapt.
  But these guys adapt to the base quickly.
  During the days that Su Chen was at Blue Star, all the work at the base was on track.
  This made Su Chen change his mind and decided to continue to expand the number of people in the base.
  "How many more can we buy? The base's current size can accommodate two to three thousand people."
  Nangong Shouyi paused and added, "Of course, the premise is that there are enough water resources and food."
  The first batch of more than 600 people who purchased it have already settled in.
  These people quickly adapted to life at the base, and they began to recognize the base in their hearts.
  Coupled with the constraints of the slave ring, there is no need to worry about the stability of the base.
  And with this group of old people leading the way, they can bring in even more people.
  But as a result, the demand for food and water resources will also increase dramatically.
  "Don't worry about food and water resources. These pipes are enough. Just ask the construction team to build a few more water towers."
  The food is just the simplest corn flakes and freeze-dried vegetables. These are cheap. Su Chen can buy them directly from the factory. It only costs less than 1 meter per day for everyone to eat until they are full.
  As for water resources, Su Chen didn't have to worry about it. He could just buy a few water trucks and transport them directly.
  Su Chen could even find a clean river and fill the storage space with water directly.
  It's just that the water has not been filtered and needs to be boiled for drinking, but it is perfectly fine for daily needs.
  "Let's tentatively decide on 800 people. We can buy some women, children and the elderly. We can buy more women. There are too many singles in the base." Su Chen thought for a while and said.
  Su Chen and Nangong Shouyi planned it and finally determined the number of people to be in the range of 800 to 1,000.
  There are a few more women buying this time than last time.
  The reason is simple. If a bachelor has no worries, he is more likely to be incited to rebel or cause trouble, which is not conducive to the stability of the base.
  But having a family is different.
  Their sense of identification with the base will also be stronger, and such people will work harder in the escort team.
  Once everyone has stabilized, some sorority parties will be held regularly so that these men and women can match freely. If they find a match, they can try dating.
  Of course, in the future, laws related to marriage must be formulated to provide some legal protection to both parties, and we cannot beat you at will just because you become my wife/husband.
  "Don't you want to buy genetic warriors? This is the fastest way to increase the base's combat power." Nangong Shouyi couldn't help but ask when he saw that Su Chen still only bought ordinary people.
  "If you don't buy it, ordinary people will be fine."
  Su Chen shook his head.
  The experiences of Zheng Ninghai and others told Su Chen that the brain core control chip is actually not controllable.
  Su Chen himself is only a first-level genetic warrior, and he will not buy some genetic warriors with higher power than him.
  If someone controls you in reverse, you won't know how you will die.
  "I have advanced to the third level now. I can control the third level genetic warriors." Nangong Shouyi reminded Su Chen.
  Although Nangong Shouyi has not completely confessed to Su Chen, he had already told Su Chen about some of his abilities on the way back last time.
  Su Chen was worried that the brain control chip couldn't control people, but he could.
  "Shou Yi, I don't want you to use your abilities too much before I find out the reason for your promotion."
  Su Chen straightened his expression and looked at Nangong Shouyi seriously.
  Nangong Shouyi himself is an uncontrollable factor. Although he has suppressed the switch for promotion, who can guarantee that he can always suppress it?
  If something goes wrong and he uses his abilities too much and something goes wrong, then by the time he reaches level four, the entire base will probably become a product of his control.
  Author's gossip: Thanks to the card-issuing sister (4437905) for supporting me, okay! If you want to know more exciting content, please leave me a message on Liancheng Reading
  