Chapter 7: Price

Looking at the endless desert outside the window, it was certain that he had arrived at the apocalyptic plane. Su Chen did not relax his vigilance.
  After carefully looking around and making sure that there was no danger, Su Chen sprayed the mosquito repellent spray again, and then he had the time to think about what had just happened.
  The person coming must be Zhao Sheng's people.
  Su Chen didn't expect that Zhao Sheng would notice that he was so careful.
  It seems that Zhao Sheng's energy in the United States is not only not lower than that in China, but even higher.
  The identity of Su Chen cannot be used for the time being. If you continue to use this identity, Zhao Sheng will be able to find him whether you are traveling or checking in.
  When he returns to Blue Star next time, he will have to find a way to buy another identity, and then use this identity to rent a house to live in.
  It is still too dangerous at night in the apocalyptic plane. If possible, Su Chen would prefer to go back to Blue Star to spend the night.
  Moreover, Su Chen also needed an identity to purchase supplies.
  After withdrawing his thoughts, Su Chen began to sort out the supplies that had been placed inside during this period.
  Before Su Chen found any other buildings or people, this abandoned mountain village was his final destination in the apocalyptic plane.
  So it is necessary to sort it out here.
  Su Chen released the sweeping robot that was given when he bought the drone and let it clean the dust on the ground. Su Chen moved the materials piled on the second floor into the storage room.
  The tires of the off-road motorcycle were assembled and filled with gasoline. Su Chen tried to use them and parked the car in the yard of the villa.
  Immediately afterwards, Su Chen released the drone again. There was a drone in front to investigate first, so Su Chen didn't have to put himself in danger.
  However, before exploring outside, Su Chen still felt it was necessary to clean up the village.
  Su Chen controlled a drone and began spraying insect repellent spray over a large area in the village.
  When Su Chen came to the apocalyptic plane for the first time, he discovered that creatures such as zombies mainly rely on their sense of smell to perceive them.
  And the smell of this repellent spray is annoying to them.
  Previously, Su Chen was chased by zombies. He sprayed insect repellent spray, and the zombies soon stopped chasing him.
  This time, Su Chen bought multiple brands of insect repellent spray, trying to see which one was more effective.
  At the same time, Su Chen was also preparing to clean up the village and drive out the zombies.
  He didn't want to go out one day and have a zombie or alien monster jump out of any corner.
  He took out the agricultural spraying drone, filled the bottle with insect repellent, and then operated the drone to spray pesticides over the village.
  This is the first time Su Chen has viewed the world from a high-altitude perspective.
  The drone took off and the layout of the entire village was clearly displayed.
  The village layout is in the shape of a sun, with two main arteries and villas and houses neatly arranged on both sides of the road.
  These buildings have obviously been abandoned for many years, but I don’t know what materials they were made of. They are all well preserved and there is no obvious damage.
  For example, the house that Su Chen lives in now is well preserved. Except for the accumulation of some dust, there is no major damage.
  "Huh? That's..."
  Su Chen saw several black figures appear in the drone's camera.
  It was the lizard-like alien monster I saw that night.
  They bury half of their bodies in the yellow sand, with only a section of their blue-black heads exposed.
  If the drone's camera wasn't high-definition, such a small black spot might have been overlooked.
  Su Chen looked carefully and felt his scalp numb.
  There is more than one, two big and three small, a total of five!
  Behind the village is a lizard nest!
  He really didn't expect this thing to be so close to him!
  No wonder there aren't many other creatures found in this village.
  With the speed and explosive power of these lizard aliens, they might be the dominant force in the neighborhood.
  Fortunately, the place where these lizard alien species live is in the desert. If they like to live in houses, then when Su Chen entered the house to investigate, he was afraid...
  Su Chen shook his head and cleared away the distracting thoughts in his mind.
  He controlled the drone and looked again, and then looked at other places around him, and found no trace of other alien species or zombies.
(15)
  But this didn't reassure Su Chen.
  After all, these are all on the surface, and we have to wait until he has sprayed insect repellent to see if they are there.
  Su Chen controlled the drone and started spraying chemicals in the sky.
  The insect repellent he used this time was the brand he brought last time. When Su Chen was in China, he placed an order directly from the factory and wholesaled ten boxes.
  In addition, he also bought several boxes of other brands of insect repellents.
  That is to say, Su Chen can charge the time and space mark. Otherwise, just transporting these insect repellent medicines and the cooling time alone would be enough for Su Chen to wait.
  The insect repellent potion was sprinkled from high in the sky, and a heat wave breeze came from the sky, blowing the insect repellent potion in the direction of the alien species.
  The faint smell of insect repellent lingers in the air.
  Because of the scorching sun, the insect repellent potion evaporated before it hit the ground, and the smell of the insect repellent potion suddenly became stronger.
  The lizard mutant that was originally lying on the sand jumped out of the sand instantly, as if it had been stimulated by something, and spun around in circles angrily.
  Their movements were too big, as if they had set off a sandstorm. Yellow sand was flying all over the sky, and Su Chen couldn't see their movements clearly through the camera.
  These lizard mutants seemed to want to stir up yellow sand to block the smell of the insect repellent, but Su Chen didn't stop spraying the pesticide, and the yellow sand couldn't block it at all.
  Apparently they were aware of this and ran out quickly instead of staying in the same place.
  The two big lizards must have been taking care of the three small lizards. They deliberately slowed down and were not as fast as Su Chen had seen on the camera before.
  "Smart, different from the previous zombies."
  Su Chen narrowed his eyes. Although the zombies he encountered before were said to be able to move, they didn't look very smart.
  But these lizards are different.
  From the fact that they can stir up yellow sand to block the insect repellent potion and then run away immediately after finding it has no effect, it can be seen that their level of intelligence is probably not low.
  This lizard was very fast, even if it slowed down deliberately, it quickly ran out of the range of the camera.
  Su Chen did not chase after him. The drone was used for agricultural spraying and could not fly very far.
  And Su Chen's purpose today is to clean up the entire village, so those few lizards can just leave the area.
  The potion rained down from the sky, and coupled with the scorching sun, soon the village was filled with a strong smell of water.
  Even Su Chen couldn't bear it, let alone these alien species that relied on their sense of smell and had a sensitive sense of smell.
  The village that originally seemed peaceful to Su Chen soon became commotion.
  There are some weird species, including cockroaches as big as fists, mutated mice as big as basketballs...
  These things hurriedly emerged from the ground and ran out of all kinds of nooks and crannies. Because the smell of water was everywhere, they were scurrying around like headless flies.
  Suchen controlled the spraying of insect repellent to drive them away from the village.
  The drone's power is not long enough and can only last for about twenty minutes.
  But it was enough for Su Chen to spray the inside and outside of the village.
  Seeing those things hidden in the darkness leave, Su Chen felt relieved.
  However, the smell of medicine in the air was too strong, and Su Chen's nose felt a little uncomfortable, so he took out a mask and put it on.
  Recover the unpowered drone.
  Su Chen didn't buy a generator because it was too noisy and too dangerous in the apocalypse. Su Chen didn't dare to use a generator here without checking the dangers.
  But it’s not a big problem, just wait until you get back to Blue Star to recharge.
  The effect of the potion was obvious. Within twenty minutes, a large number of unknown creatures ran out of the village.
  The security of the base has been improved to a higher level.
  However, in order to prevent these things from coming back, Su Chen needs to spray it every day.
  Next, Su Chen spent another three days spraying pesticides inside and outside the village. The entire Zhuangzi was filled with the strong smell of insect repellent every day.
  Suchen even changed his mask into a gas mask.
  However, the taste is great, and the effect is also very obvious.
  Su Chen controlled the remote-controlled car with a camera to check the ground to make sure that all unclean things in the village had escaped.
  After the village was clean, Su Chen decided to go back to Blue Star. The drone's power was exhausted and he had to go back to recharge.
  Next, he has to rely on the drone to continue exploring.
  Su Chen's goal is to find a way to find the world's advanced science and technology, and staying in this village is not an option.
  This trip, after staying in the apocalyptic plane for four days, Zhao Sheng from Blue Star should have thought that he had left long ago, right?
  Su Chen had already inquired about the surrounding environment when he checked into the hotel, and had also calculated the teleportation coordinates in advance.
  Su Chen set the coordinates and sent them to the safe passage of a nearby hotel.
  After making sure that no one was frowning, Su Chen put on his hat and quickly went downstairs from the emergency passage.
  At this time, Su Chen changed into casual loose sportswear, with a hat and a mask on his head. Even people who knew him well could not recognize him from this outfit.
  After leaving the hotel smoothly, Su Chen hailed a taxi at the intersection and left.
  It took Su Chen two days to sell the batch of gems in his hand.
  Don't look at the village where Su Chen settled in the apocalyptic plane. Every household lives in a villa.
  But it's not a holiday villa, it's a real village.
  The people living in this village are ordinary people and belong to the low-income group.
  The gold and gems Su Chen found inside were all artificially synthesized.
  On Blue Star, gold can be synthesized artificially through nuclear reactions or chemical reactions, but these methods are expensive and uneconomical.
  But before the nuclear war in the apocalyptic plane, gold can be easily synthesized.
  For them, so-called gold jewelry is as cheap as Yiwu wholesale commodities.
(16)
  But the gem market is different from the gold market.
  Low-quality gemstones, whether artificial or natural, are very cheap and cannot be sold for high prices.
  But if it is high quality, the price difference will be huge.
  For the same high quality, synthetic diamonds can only be sold for up to 5,000 yuan/carat, while diamonds can be sold for 500,000 yuan/carat.
  Although the gems in Su Chen's hands have not yet been appraised, Su Chen guesses that most of them are synthetic and cannot be sold at a high price.
  Su Chen's guess was quickly confirmed. He spent some money to have someone identify them, and they were indeed synthetic gemstones.
  Although they are all synthetic, the quality is top-notch.
  In addition, the quantity is large enough, which should be enough for Su Chen to recover a wave of blood.
  Su Chen inquired about the price of the gemstones he owned in the American market.
  The price of synthetic sapphire ranges from RMB 50 to RMB 500 per carat.
  Contract ruby ​​prices have doubled, ranging from 100 meters to 1,000 meters per carat.
  The price of synthetic diamonds has increased tenfold, ranging from 500 meters to 5,000 meters per carat.
  Of course, the water here is very deep. The sales channel, the reputation of the seller, and the different districts will all affect the price.
  Su Chen is now being watched by Zhao Sheng. He definitely does not dare to show up in public to sell gems, so he chooses to trade and sell them through virtual currency on the dark web.
  If you are a novice, if you trade in this way, you will most likely be cheated - the goods will be sent out, but the money will not be received.
  But Su Chen studied computer science and had some connections with hackers on the dark web. Through them as guarantees, he could also get some protection.
  It's just that it's not a formal channel after all, so it's normal not to lower the price.
  It took Su Chen two days to sell all the gems in his hand, earning a total income of 480,000 yuan, which was almost 3.3 million yuan in exchange for Chinese dollars.
  Although it looked like a lot, Su Chen wanted to buy another identity, so this amount of money was not enough.
  Su Chen searched around and spent 200,000 yuan to buy a new identity as an international refugee.
  This status has many restrictions, but it is enough for Su Chen.
  Using his new identity, he rented a detached house in the suburbs as a foothold in Blue Star.
  Supplies that need to be purchased can also be sent here, whether it is charging or shopping at night.
  All the supplies that needed to be purchased were bought. This time, Su Chen did not buy anything extra. After setting up a place to stay on Blue Star, fully charging the drone and other equipment, he returned to the apocalypse.
  He only stayed in Blue Star for two days, but during this period, Su Chen took time to enter the apocalyptic plane every day and regularly spray chemicals near the village to prevent those alien creatures from coming back again.
  With the footholds on both sides already secured, Su Chen began to explore outside.
  The drone takes off, and the high-definition picture is transmitted to the screen through the camera.
  The drone we flew this time was not a pesticide-spreading type, but a high-end detection type, with a detection range of twelve kilometers.
  It was enough for Su Chen to explore the surrounding situation.
  Su Chen controlled the drone to rise to a hundred meters and headed east.
  Wherever you look, there is a piece of yellow sand.
  Occasionally, some zombies and alien creatures will appear.
  Suchen photographed all these infested creatures and noted their locations, preparing to use them to experiment with insect repellent.
  "A car passed by? And there was more than one?"
  Su Chen found traces of vehicles passing by. There were always strong winds in this desert, and even if a vehicle passed by, the traces would soon be buried and covered.
  Such clear traces indicate that the person left not long ago.
  Su Chen has been in the apocalyptic plane for a while. Apart from zombies and alien species, he has never seen any living people these days.
  Now that he finally had the opportunity to see a living person, of course he was happy.
  The diary found in the village only recorded the year 2270.
  Now in the past five years, Su Chen can only know what the current situation of this planet is by contacting the local indigenous people.
  But Su Chen wouldn't rush forward stupidly.
  The human heart is sinister.
  Who can guarantee that this native is good?
  Su Chen controlled the drone and headed in the direction of the traces.
  After flying for less than five minutes, the opponent appeared in the drone's field of vision.
  Three gray cars were speeding through the yellow sand, causing a cloud of flying sand to fill the sky.
  When they flew closer, Su Chen realized that these three cars were not from the same force.
  At the front was a dilapidated pickup truck, followed by two khaki off-road vehicles.
  Just looking at the appearance of the vehicle, you can tell that the performance of the latter two vehicles is better.