Chapter 32

Lagertha and Kalf were enjoying some time together in Hedeby but they finished Kalf left the room. He was planning something else behind Lagertha's back and that was going to kill Bjorn without Lagertha knowing.

Helga stayed by her husband's side during his punishment, she could not bring herself to tell Floki about their daughter. In Paris Rollo was still the odd man out, he kept trying though to find his place specially with his wife but it was becoming hard.

Ragnar came to see Floki and he saw Helga, where Ragnar wanted to know if Floki knows about his daughter. Helga now had to tell Floki about their daughter and it broke him completely.

In Wessex Judith was able to have the ability to read and write the holy scriptures but also to paint but she also found out a interesting fact about what happened in Paris.

She heard everything what Ragnar did in Paris so she told King Egbert about it and he was not surprised at all. In fact he was quite happy that Ragnar did that, to come up with that sort of plan, to him it was very brilliant.

But they were also worried about Athelstan, they were not sure if he was alive or not. Prince Athelwulf was bring Kwenthrith and her son back to Wessex were they would be safe for a while.

Athelwulf was being kind but keeping his guard up around Kwenthrith, he was not going to cheat on his wife. In the middle of the night King Ragnar and King Egbert were visited by Athelstan where he said one word to ragnar and blessed King Egbert. In the morning King Egbert went to tell the news to Judith that he saw Athelstan and he told her the news that he is dead.

Judith cried from the news, prince Athelwulf came back to Wessex. He saw Judith and went to her immediately, both of them embraced each other where he saw her crying.

King Egbert welcomed Kwenthrith and her son to his court. In Kattagat Ragnar carried a large axe in his hands as he made his way to Floki. He went to cut Floki free because of what Athelstan said to him. Floki and Helga hugged each other in the cave as Ragnar left.