Chapter 12

In Wessex, the king who was named Egbert of Wessex was sitting in his Valentine and his Lords about the north men. Thought he knew just matter of time that they will come to the shores because he had heard the attacks on northumbria.

      He recalled a vivid memory many years ago when he first saw them, when they attacked in Gaul. That memory brought the king to tears. And then the king moved to give orders to his men to be careful of the north men.

        To make sure that they are rather watchful of all of them and not to put their lives in Jeopardy. And that the Northmen are never far from their ships. Then the king called his son forward to give him orders to raise up an army with the elderman.

       For Ragnar along with Athelstan came across a field and that field led to Winchester. For all of them they wasted no time on attacking Winchester and taking the treasures.

        Soon enough the news of the attack of Winchester got back to the king of Wessex and for the king he did nothing. Because he knew that his territory is very large and he wanted to see where the Northman would attack first. After getting out Roman Baths it is orders to his bishop to go speak with the pagans.

      As all that was going on Jarl Borg has found himself a wife, he got married again and he discussed with his people about the insult that Ragnar did to him and now his wife. So he took it upon himself making a pledge to his wife and her family that he will take revenge on Ragnar.

    The speaking conversation between the bishop and Ragnar did not go over so well, Jarl Borg stayed true to his word. He ordered a few ships with Warriors to head to Kattagat to attack.

      For Rollo he was able to see who was on the ships and he wasted no time getting back into the Great Hall finding Aslaug and the children to get out of the town quickly without Jarl Borg seeing them. Leaving Kattagat for the taking and where Jarl Borg was able to have Ragnar's home.