Chapter 26

Ragnar and everybody that came with him finally made it to Paris. The people of Paris were utterly terrified about the north men, they felt lost on why this was happening to them.

The emperor of Paris was also terrified of the outcome would be because all of his life he has heard stories about the north men and he feared for his life and for his daughter.

Ragnar and the others were able to find camp and to set up, but also to get themselves ready for the upcoming attack that they will do to Paris. Meanwhile in Wessex King Egbert was eating with his son inside of the villa. King Egbert asked his son if his marriage was good and his son answer truthfully, Athelwulf told his father that he could not be even more happier.

He has a wife that he loves and his wife loves him, and to be a father to two sons was everything to him. After speaking to a son about his marriage, he brought up an important  matter that he wanted to say.

And that was going to take over northumbria, doing that will overthrow Judith's father. For Athelwulf he listened to everything that his father was going to say about taking over northumbria.

They're talking him to an end when Judith came into the room holding her son in her arms. Athelwulf could not help but smile at his wife and his second born son. He rose up from the table to go over to them, he kisses Judith and then turns his attention to his son. King Egbert came over as well to hold his grandson and his arms.

But there peace came at end when couple of soldiers came inside the front door to tell the king that Queen Kwenthrith started to kill off Nobles. At the campsite of Ragnar and the others all took their seats to discuss matters on ways to attack. In Kattagat Aslaug was helping Porunn with her daughter, Aslaug gave Porunn some good advice.

King Egbert sent his son to deal with Queen Kwenthrith. Prince Athelwulf was able to find out some damnable interesting details while he came across Kwenthrith, where she showed him her child. And that she claimed that the child she has is from Ragnar Lothbrok.

In Paris at night everybody was inside of the church praying that all of them will be saved and that parents will not be attacked. Not too far away many northmen were standing proud waiting to attack, Floki was even able to start chant to get everybody ready to fight.