EPILOGUE

Third Person POV

One year later...

Zhan couldn't believe his eyes as he caught Giovanni's gaze in front of him. Yibo noticed that his husband didn't seem to approve of Giovanni's presence.

"You're both getting old, and yet you still have the audacity to think about getting married?" His husband asked, his face filled with disgust.

Giovanni smiled, unfazed by Zhan's anger. "Morgan, age is just a number. Besides, what's wrong with us wanting to get married? It's been a year already, and I want Ria to have a legal place in my life. That's why I'm asking for your blessing because you're the most important person to her, and I want to make things right."

Zhan scoffed, "Why do you have to marry my mom?"

"Because I love her."

Zhan glared at Giovanni, his expression filled with resentment. "No, I will not give you my blessing."

Giovanni turned to Yibo, seeking his help.

"And no, my beloved will not help you to persuade me," Zhan angrily said, causing Yibo to remain silent.

His husband, always like this. It had been a year since they found out about Giovanni's true relationship with his mother, yet Zhan still couldn't have a decent conversation with Giovanni without getting angry.

They were in the living room of Zhan's condo, as they were moving to their new house later. Zhan was grateful that Ria and Sxien were downstairs, helping with the final check of their belongings, making sure everything was loaded onto the truck.

That's why Ria and Giovanni were here, to assist them in organizing their things for the move.

Yibo was certain that Ria wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of another argument between Zhan and Giovanni.

He stood up from the sofa and approached Zhan, who was standing with a stern expression.

"Cara mia," Zhan's voice carried a warning, "don't take his side. I am your husband, so you should be on my side."

Yibo sweetly smiled at Zhan, "Caro..." He embraced Zhan on the shoulder and kissed his cheek, gently caressing his arm, "Let Mama be happy. She deserves this. And Giovanni is a good man for her. Let them be. Please?"

Zhan couldn't hide his surprise as he turned to face Yibo. "But Cara mia..."

Yibo kissed his lips, "just give them your blessing. Maybe you've forgotten, but Giovanni helped us to have a peaceful life."

Zhan let out a sigh and then looked at Giovanni, "speaking of which, how is the task I assigned to you and Yubin? Escarial is really starting to piss me off."

Giovanni immediately adopted a formal tone, "Escarial and some of Dimitri's men have been taken care of and properly dealt with by Yubin. And as you wanted, Atty. Esposito has sorted out everything you asked for. We have divided and distributed all of Reynaldi Vitale's wealth to orphanages and charities that are in greater need of funds. The house in Sicily has been demolished and is currently under construction to be turned into a hospital."

"And what about Reynaldi's relatives?"

"They can't do anything, and you know that Atty. Esposito is on our side. Some of Reynaldi's relatives questioned the cause of his death, but thankfully we paid off the right people, and Atty. Esposito made it even stronger. It was all just an accident, after all." Giovanni smiled mysteriously, "and now they will keep quiet, especially since Yubin paid them a visit late at night when we were in Sicily three months ago."