Chapter 12

Third Person POV

Yibo quickly dried the tears on his cheeks when he felt his son move next to him. Good thing he fell asleep early last night.

As for him, he fell asleep early in the morning and woke up early. Because his mind is chaotic and he can't fall asleep.

He have come go his decision, a while ago. He planned to leave the country as soon as possible. He just needs to talk to his son and explain to him why.

He thought it would be best if they left as soon as possible.

"Niáng?" The sleepiness was still in his son's voice. "Good morning."

A sweet smile escaped his lips as he turned to his son.

"Good morning, too, baby." The child smiled widely at him then he stretched out his arms and gently moved to lie on top of his body.

"Are you still sleepy, baby?" He asked his son who was rubbing his eyes to brighten his sight.

"No, Mama..." Sxien yawned again then looked up at him and smiled.

"You're so pretty in the morning, Niáng." He smiled at what his son said.

"My baby is really sweet," he said while stroking her hair. "You're handsome in the morning too, baby." Sxien gently sat on his stomach then looked him in the eyes.

"Mama, I've been wanting to ask you for a long time that's why I keep forgetting, but now that I remember, I'll ask. When you disappeared, where did you go? Was Papa with you? Because when you called I heard Uncle say My father's name. Are you both together?"

His son looked hopeful, and it broke his heart. He knew it would hurt him if he expected them that they are going to be a family now that his father is here.

"Ahm, Sxien." He took a deep breath as he prepared himself to explain to his son. "It's like this." He had one cardinal rule with his son. He never lied to him. Ever.

"He saw me outside the house after you and your Uncle left the day we arrived here... he took me. Your dad is mad at me because I left just so that we can both be safe.. ." His son frowned.

"Is he mad at me too?"

"Of course not," he answered immediately while caressing his son's cheek with sadness on his face. He held back his tears in front of his son.

"He's not mad at you. Just me." Sxien nodded then asked again. "When can I see him, Niáng?" It was as if someone had gripped Yibo's heart.

"Baby, not yet. You do know, right, that your father and I are still in a messy situation? We're -"

"Can't you two just fix it for me?" He looked away.

"Son, it's not possible. It's not that simple. Your Niáng can't do it yet." He looked back at his son then cupped his face and stared into his eyes.

"But all of this is Mom's fault. Not Dad's Because I left, so we could be safe. Your Father doesn't know anything so don't be mad at him, okay? It's all on me, baby." Sxien stared at him. Then he smiled.

"I understand. Entiendo.. Māma.."

He caressed his son's face and pulled him close to him and hugged him tightly. He kissed his forehead and cupped his face then looked Sxien in the eyes.

"How about if A-niang cooks your favorite breakfast today?" he asked. "Can it be your mother's way of compensation?" The smile on Sxien's lips widened and turned into a grin.

"Niáng, you don't know how to make a pancake." His son frowned in his arms.

"Remember, you burned the pancake you made for me back then?" He laughed softly at what his son reminded him of.