Chapter 7

Third Person POV

Yibo's stomach rumbled while sitting on the recliner on the top deck. He was hungry, but there was no food in the kitchen except the fresh seafood in the fridge. He didn't want to disturb Zhan especially since the man seemed to be busy in front of his laptop.

"Shit." He groaned weakly as his stomach churned again." Why is it that I only know how to cook is limited."

"What the hell are you doing there?"

He stopped and turned to the questioner. It was Zhan and he had a plate with only tempura, calamari and rice and a glass of mango juice.

His eyes followed Zhan until he sat down on the recliner next to him. And because they are facing each other, their knees are touching.

He looked down at the food Zahn brought."I-is that for me?" He asked hungry and hungry.

"Yeah" answered Zhan which caused his eyes to widen.

Did he really cook for him?

"Really?" His jaw was drooling." I'm really hungry, so don't joke about that."

"I'm not kidding, this is for you," The man placed a glass of mango juice next to him and fed him." Say 'ah' cara mia."

Because he was hungry, he needed to feed his empty stomach. He opened his mouth and accepted the food, Zhan was giving him.

"Why didn't you tell me you were hungry?" Zhan asked while feeding him again. " I could cook right away, if you told me."

"Because it seems." He accepted Zhan feeding him again. "You seem to be busy in front of your laptop. You're even frowning. Then I don't want to disturb you."

"Hmm.." The man fed him a tempura again. "I was searching for someone, that's why I'm kinda busy."

Searching for someone? He raised his eyebrows. " Who are you looking for?" He asked the man, trying if he could get the man to answer.

Zhan just shrugged. "It's no one." Zhan let out a heavy sigh before he fed him again. " It's pissing me off though. All the reports I read from my investigators about his family, I don't understand. All of it is in Spanish and I only understand a little and —"

"I can translate it for you."

Zhan halted in feeding him then stared at him. "Really?" There was doubt on the man's face. "Will you do that? Aren't you too busy thinking about how to escape from my clutches?"

He rolled his eyes. "We have a deal, Zhan And I promise, didn't I?"

"That's a first—not breaking your promise, I mean."

They always go back to what he did five years ago. He promised to wait for the taller but he left as soon as Zhan left his condo.

He had his reasons, and he couldn't divulge those reasons. That's just for him.

Yibo took a deep breath and then looked at the man. "I'll keep my promise this time."

Zhan's face grimaced. "Really?"

He nodded while looking into the Zhan's eyes. "Yes."

Zhan's jaw remained clenched. "You were looking into my eyes back when you promised me too. And I saw honesty in them, just like now." He smiled bitterly then shook his head. "It's either, You're not really lying or you're just really good at pretending that you're telling the truth."

He bit his lower lip while looking at the man's annoyed face." And what's the verdict?"

He looked deeply into Yibo's eyes. "I don't know but I'm sure of only one thing, I won't let you fool me again ."