Chapter 22

Third Person POV

Yibo's hands remained tightly clasped together, holding Zhan's letter, as he approached Yubin.

Yubin was standing beside the swimming pool, deep in thought. As Yibo stood next to him, Yubin glanced at him briefly before returning his gaze to the pool.

"Can I talk to you?" Yibo asked in a soft voice. "Just for a moment."

"What do you need?" Yubin asked him, his tone laced with sarcasm, turning to face him with a mocking expression. "Prince Yibo?"

Yibo was taken aback by the name he was called, unable to believe what he was hearing as he stared at Yubin. "Wha-what... Wha-what--"

"The reports came this morning," Yubin chuckled softly and shook his head, "Morgan had me to investigate it, and the report about you came out. Huang Yibo is a very smart cover."

His lips trembled, "Y-you inves-investigated me?"

"Yes. And when I told Morgan, do you know what he said?"

"What?"

"He told me to forget about it." Yubin's expression turned bitter. "Forget about it. Forget! I'm helping him out, risking my life and my mother's life for this! And that's all he said to me! Because of you," his gaze narrowed on Yibo, "Morgan forgot everything. He no longer thinks, he no longer considers the people around him, the people who sacrifice their lives just to ensure his victory. And now he left without me, leaving me behind for your safety. Fuck it, your highness, why do you have to be a damsel in distress?"

Yibo raised an eyebrow, irritation evident on his face. "Are you blaming me?"

"Why? Who else is to blame but you? You've turned his mind upside down! Ever since he saw you again, he's gone crazy for you! He lost his focus on what we were supposed to do. Because of you, the Prince that we've been looking for, he'll be in danger in Desafío Mortal! Why can't you be selfless for once, stop running and help him out?!"

His eyes narrowed. "You don't know me, Yubin. Maybe you read about my life in the report that reached you, but you don't know what I've felt in the things I've been through-the fear, the anger in my heart, the nightmares I have when I sleep. You don't know any of that. You don't know anything. That's why you shouldn't blame me for Zhan's change of heart. Like the people who want to help him, I'm willing to risk my life for him because I love him. That's why I came to you, to ask for your help in making Zhan's victory easier, but it seems I approached the wrong person."

He turned to leave, but Yubin grabbed his arm to stop him. "What do you mean?"

He removed Yubin's hand from his arm and raised his chin to meet Yubin's gaze. "Why would I tell you? When you're blaming me? Go on, blame me for everything-"

"I can help you help him," Yubin offered.

He paused. "W-what?"

"I can help you, help him."

He stared at Yubin. "Are you not lying to me?"

"Your Highness, I don't lie." Yubin met his gaze. "And why would I? He's my cousin, and I'm loyal to Morgan."

He felt a sense of relief. "You're really going to help me? You'll follow my plan without any questions? Because Zhan doesn't want me to go to Sicily."

Yubin blinked, seemingly caught off guard. "Are you asking if I'll follow your plan without question? I do have my own mind, your highness."

"I have a plan," he said with a raised eyebrow and a cold smile at Yubin. "And you will follow my plan without question."

He was stared at by Yubin for a few seconds before the latter spoke up. "You look smart. You look like a guy I can trust. But before I say yes, I have one question."