Chapter 25

Third Person POV

Zhan took large strides as he entered the mansion, despite his battered body. His ribs felt broken, his side was damaged, his lips and eyebrows were split open. Every part of his body was in pain, especially his feet, which he forced himself to walk on despite the limp caused by his recent fight. Each step felt like his foot was being severed due to the excruciating pain.

When his mother saw him in the living room, she immediately approached and hugged him tightly.

"Where's Yibo?" he immediately asked his mother as she released him from the embrace.

He was expecting Yibo to be here. He hoped that Yibo would be the one to greet him, but where was his cara mia? He couldn't see him anywhere.

He looked around and then turned his gaze back to his mother. "Where is Yibo? Where is my Cara mia?" When his mother didn't respond, his eyes narrowed. "Mom, where is my Cara mia?"

Instead of answering, his mother smiled at him happily. "I'm happy to see you alive and breathing, my son. But why are you here? Is the fight over? When I left the Media Room, I knew you were about to win, but Dimitri hasn't been defeated yet--"

"Why are you asking me that?" he asked in confusion, his face twitching in pain from the blows he received earlier. "Father's butler called the guards in the fighting arena. He told them to stop the fight because it was over and there was a winner. That's why I hurried here to find out if I really won or not. And..."

His eyebrows furrowed. "Why are you not answering my question, Mom? Where is my Cara mia? Where is he? Is he in the media room?"

He was about to walk towards the media room when his mother grabbed his arm to stop him.

"My son..." His mother turned to face him, a strange fear and anxiety engulfing her.

"Where is my Cara mia, Mom?" He took a deep breath before she finally answered.

"He fainted," his mother began to recount, and worry filled her face. "Giovanni and Reynaldi took him to the hospital--"

"F-Fainted?" His whole body went cold. "W-Why? What happened?"

"I-I don't know," his mother replied, forcefully shaking her head. "Earlier, he wanted to leave, but your father forbade him. I noticed that he looked pale, so I asked if he was okay, and he said yes, but then he fainted." She took deep breaths as she continued her story. "Then Yubin arrived and asked for help for Isaiah. He said that Yibo is pregnant, I don't know why he fainted, but maybe it's because of the stress from everything that's been happening. And when your father found out that it's your child and Yibo's, he immediately took Isaiah to the hospital, along with Giovanni and the ten male guards."

He pulled at his hair and tightly closed his eyes. "No..."

He pulled at his hair, and when he opened his eyes, a glimmer of desperation could be seen in them. "No! No... No! Mom, please, tell me he's okay... Please... What if something bad happened to him? What will I do? I'll go crazy, Mom, I'll go crazy if something bad happens to Yibo."

His mother immediately embraced him and stroked his shoulder. "He's a strong man. He will get through this."

He shook his head forcefully. "I'm still worried. Which hospital was he taken to? I'm going to see him."

He was preparing to leave, even though it was difficult for him to move his feet due to the pain, when he heard the voices of the men entering the room.

Some of them had smiles on their faces, while others looked grim. As they passed by him, they congratulated him on his victory.

"Congratulations," said a man he didn't recognize. "You won."