Not only the nobles, but the imperial family also invested in the southern mana stone mine of the Guinness family.

The wedding atmosphere was ruined, and Marquis Guinness was surrounded by angry people.

Ignoring them, Lennox went straight out of the banquet hall.

“Your Majesty!”

Outside, the Duke’s secretary, Elliot, quickly followed.

“Where’s Juliet?”

“…Sir Milan and Sir Jude have gone to get her. They’ll escape the Duke’s residence soon.”

“Good.”

“What on earth…”

The loyal secretary looked at his master in disbelief.

Elliot wondered why he had staged such an event, deceiving the Emperor and other nobles. The Duke seemed completely unbothered, given that he had faked his own death.

Whether it was Juliet asking to be dead for just one day or Duke Carlyle agreeing to such a request, both seemed out of their minds.

Elliot glanced disdainfully at a silver dove-shaped trinket Carlyle was fiddling with, an item he always carried like a talisman.

“I loved you very much a long time ago.”

Lennox murmured as he gently kissed the dove’s wing.

“I’d die for you no matter how many more times.”

Anyone hearing this would think the same. They now understood the story of the king who was so enamored that he almost ruined the country.

“…I hope you have a plan for that too, Your Highness!”

The secretary grumbled.

“Look at that!”

A group of armed knights was approaching. They were soldiers from the Guinness family.

“Duke!”

It seemed the Emperor inside had seen the same thing, as he burst out of the door.

“What do we do now, Duke!”

“Take the Empress and retreat inside.”

Seeing the approaching soldiers from the Guinness family, Duke Carlyle leisurely drew his sword and spoke in a bland tone as if suggesting a walk. He was prepared for the Marquis to call in the privat soldiers.

The guests, who had gathered for the wedding, panicked when surrounded by the soldiers.

“Should we take the Marquis as a hostage?”

“A waste of time. Just lock the doors and wait for reinforcements.”

“…Understood!”

The Emperor, despite his old age, acted swiftly.

“Let’s go, Empress!”

Following the Duke’s advice, the Emperor quickly retreated inside with the Empress. Other panicking nobles followed them.

Marquis Guinness’s men tried to chase the Emperor for a moment but were blocked by the Duke’s knights.

Thud!

And before their eyes, they saw the sight of the Marquis riding a horse, escaping from the palace.

“Are you alright, Marquis?”

Having been rescued by his subordinates, Marquis Guiness hesitated for a moment, but the moment he drew his sword against the Emperor, he had no choice.