Chapter 97

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 97

Boom!

As Juliet shot the lamp, she swiftly threw herself out of the door.

“!”

She narrowly avoided the loud explosion, but it seemed to have been a close call.

Her ears began to ring, followed by a high-pitched tinnitus.

“Ugh…”

Juliet wobbled a bit, trying to get up and find her balance.

She felt dizzy.

It’s simple common sense.

In a dry winter, you shouldn’t play with fire in a confined space where flammable powder easily floats around.

“It’s fortunate you’re a wolf without common sense…”

After all, a Lycanthrope from the forest wouldn’t know how dangerous a dust explosion could be.

It was a relief that the hunting territory’s charcoal powder used for snow removal was hanging up to keep it dry.

‘I really didn’t think it would work.’

Her legs wobbled.

Juliet fell onto the snow again. That explosion would certainly bring people running unless they were deaf.

They would then find the collapsed 2nd prince and his group, and also her…

But just as Juliet was pondering this-

Creak!

“Damn! This woman…!”

With a slightly annoyed expression, Juliet looked up.

There, a half-man, half-beast with fire on his back was rushing out of the storage room.

The furious Graham seemed ready to charge at Juliet any second.

Seeing the monstrous healing power of the Lycanthropes she had only heard of, Juliet was at a loss for words.

Her face turned pale and she blinked her eyes.

She didn’t even think of running away because she was so exhausted.

‘Ah, it seems I’m really going to die this time.’

That was the only thought in her mind. Her eyes kept closing. In an unusually quick manner, she felt drained.

Juliet fell face-down on the snow.

Then-

Flutter.

A butterfly, emitting an out-of-place bluish glow, appeared in the middle of the snow-covered forest.

Graham, who seemed about to charge at the fallen human woman, paused for a moment.

“What? What… What’s this?”

It seemed like these creatures, radiating bright light, weren’t living organisms. Their numbers quietly, but rapidly, increased.

“…?”

The scene was picturesque, but all Graham could feel was terror.

He didn’t know the exact reason, but instinctively felt an ominous presence and kept looking around nervously.

“Aaaargh!”

Shortly after, a spine-chilling scream echoed through the forest.

The woods were once again enveloped in peaceful silence.