Chapter 60

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 60

The next morning.

Juliet was alone at the entrance to the auction house.

Eshel and Teo had managed to secure admission tickets, but both were busy with their own affairs so Juliet had to tour alone.

As she handed over her ticket and was about to enter, a man dressed in a purple suit blocked Juliet’s path.

“Excuse me, Lady. Do you happen to have something to prove your identity?”

Proof of identity?

Juliet cocked her head in confusion.

An identity card at an illegal auction?

Why would they need that?

Especially since she didn’t need any identification to enter Carcassonne thanks to the Marigold Medal, she had left ‘Lillian Seneca’s’ ID card behind.

Juliet slowly blinked her eyes.

“I don’t have it….”

Upon hearing this, the man in the purple suit looked Juliet up and down. He seemed to be guessing her identity by her dress.

‘I wondered if she might be of high status because of her eye-catching looks.’

It was obvious without even having to look. A young lady who came to the underground auction house without any attendants. She must be a naive country bumpkin who loves to have fun or a pampered child of some noble.

The auction house’s middle manager, Merat, licked his lips in his mind.

He had been in this line of work for quite a while, and his specialty was distinguishing the small fry.

Due to the nature of underground auctions, all sorts of people who seemed flashy but lacked substance would flock in, so Merat took pride in his skills.

Just like this lady in front of him.

Her face was half-and-half, but her outfit was plain. And a young woman without an escort? There was nothing more to see. It meant that there wasn’t much to extort money from.

Merat snickered inwardly as he took the ticket envelope that Juliet held out to him.

However, he didn’t even bother to open it, and pretended to check the guest list seriously.

“Let’s see… Oh dear. What to do, Lady? There aren’t many seats left today. What will you do?”

Juliet cocked her head.

“But I brought a ticket?”

“The ticket is just an admission ticket. Today’s auction items are so big… Ahem!”

At this, Juliet, who had been slowly blinking her eyes, smiled as if she understood.

“Will this do?”

Juliet flicked a silver coin with her finger.

Pinggg,

The silver coin, skillfully tossed, landed on the guest list.

“Oh my, what’s this… Ahem!”

The silver coin disappeared into Merat’s pocket.

Juliet was smiling brightly, but Merat, distracted by the silver coin, didn’t notice.

“You can go to section 3 on the first floor, Lady. I’ll even guide you to a table seat!”

But that was a blatant lie. Section 3 was the worst seat in the auction house.