Chapter 67

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 67

“I don’t want to do that anymore.”

It was then that he realized.

The part he thought he could let go of at any time, in reality, he had been holding onto it desperately.

The one who had been patient with him was Juliet.

It was the same with Algiero’s lapis lazuli mine.

Lennox Carlyle surely knew that Juliet would be upset.

But foolishly, after her getting soaked in the rain and coming back alone, he didn’t know what to do for the woman lying ill.

What he knew was to present numbers rather than express imperfect emotions.

No, in reality, it was just more convenient for him. The clever Juliet knew but bore with him.

His affection was cunning and keen; he never wanted to be at a loss.

“Damn it.”

He had a feeling this day would come.

“I just feel tired now.”

He realized Juliet had grown tired of his selfishness and wanted to leave.

He knew it but intentionally ignored it because facing it meant he couldn’t escape.

He would have to confront how much space Juliet Monad occupies within him.

He started to get scared.

Even if he offers marriage or a family, it wouldn’t matter. What then should he offer to have things return to how they once were…

Lennox Carlyle pondered what he could and couldn’t give to her.

Children were in the latter category.

He had to admit it.

“Lennox, we never had a future, did we?”

“…”

“Damn it.”

It wasn’t that they didn’t have a future, but rather that he wanted to give but couldn’t. However, he couldn’t say that directly.

Rather, he thought it would be better to ask her directly, even if he had to beg, about what he should do for her. So he sought her out on the white sandy beach again.

“What if you keep following me? I can’t look after you.”

But even after crying out on the sand, in the end, she held a young life in her arms.

“…Only until your wings fully grow.”

When he heard her whispering voice mixed with tears, as she embraced the unidentified baby animal,

He thought anything would do.

* * *

The next day.

He made an impromptu decision.

Waiting for dawn, he immediately implemented the plan he had in mind.

“Do you want to buy this?”

“Yes.”

“The view isn’t that great. The ocean should be open, but these villas down there are so stifling…”

The man, supposedly the landlord, looked annoyed at the small blue-roofed mansion below.

But did he know that very house was the reason he could sell his?

But he didn’t care.

In the cool dawn or during the evening.