Chapter 49

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 49

After the horse race was over, Juliet would ride at full speed to the front of the procession if she felt like it, and if Apple became tired or wanted a break, she would return to the back of the procession and walk.

Currently, Juliet was sitting in the back of the carriage, drinking tea.

As a reward, Apple was generously given sugar cubes.

Apple accepted the sugar cubes slowly and happily.

“Huh? What’s the secret?”

“You cheated, right?”

Teo and Gray alternately bothered her persistently, but Juliet leisurely sipped her tea.

“I’m not going to tell.”

Gray, tired of the refusal, became sulky, and Teo glared hard at Juliet.

Isaac burst into laughter at the sight.

“It’s amazing, for Apple, to beat the cavalry horses.”

At these words, Juliet’s eyes narrowed. Teo and Gray, taken aback, closed their mouths.

Cavalry horses. It was certain that they had planned to race from the beginning.

“So, are those horses from Carcassonne?”

“Yes. Horses from Carcassonne are famous. The Empire also buys a huge number every year.”

“I remember there was a barracks in Carcassonne?”

“That’s right.”

“How did you know that?”

Gray asked, seemingly amazed.

Instead of answering, Juliet deflected the question with an ambiguous smile.

‘Come to think of it.’

It wasn’t until she was close that she remembered that Juliet had an acquaintance in Carcassonne.

‘I don’t know if he thinks the same way…’

To Juliet, it was a fairly close relationship.

Vincente Bowman.

A man who was once her fiancé.

Of course, the relationship had faded away after the death of the Monad Count and Countess seven years ago.

He had been her fiancé since she was ten, an arrangement made between their families, but she didn’t know what happened after that.

There was no official separation, but it was fair to say that Juliet’s relationship with the Bowman family had ended seven years ago.

If anything, the Bowman family might have been relieved. Who knew what would have happened if they had sent their son to the Monad family without a son as a son-in-law.

Juliet, for her part, didn’t have any particular feelings about Vincente Bowman.

To put it a bit harshly, her fiancé, who was four years older than her, was a man of little worth besides his average looks.

Moreover, when she heard rumors in her first life, he had ruined himself by gambling and died.

There was also an occasion when Juliet nearly ran into him at a party after she followed Lennox to the North.

But as soon as he caught her eye from afar, Vincente seemed uncomfortable and avoided her first.

They hadn’t met since.