Chapter 34

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 34

"You'll find out someday when you undergo blooming."

The idiots who used to cower in front of him, claiming superiority just because they were born ahead of him, came to his mind.

"It means becoming an alpha and qualifying for the throne."

That's why Roy wiped the smug expression off their face. His father became furious.

Roy thought about his less competent siblings and their bonded partners. It seemed they had chosen partners who were perfectly suited to their nature.

But...

"Juliet. She said her name is Juliet."

His cheeks welled up at the corner of his mouth as he chanted her name.

She suited him more than anyone else.

Blooming, what an exquisite word.

There would be no better expression for a woman who smiled, causing flower buds to bloom.

Kitan, who had been watching Roy with some concern, spoke up.

"It would be best for you to head to the southern forest for now. Hide yourself there, and I'll..."

But Roy shook his head.

"No, I have to go back and see my father."

"What? But..."

A glimmer of hope flickered on Kitan's face.

He was Roy's mother's younger brother, or you could say his uncle in human terms.

Kitan was an esteemed member of the forest, entrusted by the elders and the lord. Whenever Roy clashed with the clan or trampled over his siblings, Kitan always tried to defend him somehow.

But last time, when he left his older brother half-dead, Kitan couldn't protect him anymore. His actions had gone too far, and even Kitan couldn't shield him.

The regenerative power of the great forest clan was formidable. Even with broken limbs, they could be completely healed within an hour. To reduce a creature with such monstrous regenerative ability, a direct descendant of the lord, to a barely breathing corpse...

Kitan shuddered.

The sight of his older brother's body being toyed with as if it were a plaything, with a head larger than Roy's.

In the end, Lord's anger reached its peak, and he issued an exile order for his youngest son. It happened a month ago.

Throughout his search for Roy, Kitan had tried to persuade the leader.

And when Lord's rage subsided slightly, he managed to find his nephew.

"Then... will you come with me?"

Kitan, who rarely showed emotions, couldn't hide his excitement.

It was his exceptional nephew with outstanding qualities.

Considering that he hadn't undergone transformation and was still emotionally immature and inexperienced, Kitan believed that there would be no better match for the king than Roy when he met his mate and matured.

Kitan swelled with hope that this time he might be able to reconcile the estranged family.

"Yeah, that sounds good."

Roy nodded with a bright smile. Kitan's face also lit up.

"Then I'll inform others."

"Yeah."