Chapter 107

What do you want to do?

It was rare for Lennox to ask such a question.

Juliet knew from past experience that she had to be careful answering this question. During last summer’s vacation, when she said she wanted to ride a boat…

“In the end, we didn’t get to enjoy the boat.”

Instead of boating, they had to cancel all their plans and return to the manor.

That incident hurt her quite a bit. When she woke up from her distress, he mentioned that he had bought a boat.

– You wanted a boat, didn’t you?

However, there’s a big difference between a small boat floating in a lake and a large galley.

“Juliet.”

Urging her to respond, when the Duke called her, Juliet felt a bit anxious.

What is he up to?

But Juliet wasn’t naive enough to simply trust him and blurt out her wish.

And she didn’t want to mingle with people.

She also didn’t want to stay cooped up in her bedroom at the villa for days on end. She thought it would only be for a few months, but she couldn’t come up with a proper excuse.

It seemed like she’d inevitably end up following Lennox’s lead.

“Ah.”

Juliet, lost in thought, noticed the servants downstairs cutting oil-soaked red paper.

It seemed to be distributed to the guests in the mansion gathered in the greenhouse. It was an old winter custom.

“Could I get some of that paper?”

When she went downstairs and asked, the servants happily gave her some.

It was a game commonly played by children in winter, folding the paper to wish for good luck. In reality, it was meant to guide visitors so they wouldn’t lose their way.

By folding the paper lanterns and lighting them at the window, it was said to repel bad spirits and bring good fortune.

“Here.”

With a curious look, Juliet handed a large sheet of paper to the man standing beside her.

“…What should I do with this?”

“Fold it.”

“I asked what you wanted to do.”

“I want to make this.”

Seeing his expression sour, Juliet quickly added:

“Together.”

“…”

Lennox looked incredulous, but Juliet somehow felt satisfied.

Considering it was a spur-of-the-moment idea, it was a good solution. At least there wouldn’t be any needless waste of money.

It wouldn’t harm anyone, and more importantly, there wouldn’t be any unnecessary hurt feelings.

She didn’t care if Lennox found it ridiculous. If he regretted doing something foolish, he might not bother her again.

However, while Juliet was skillfully making the paper lantern, Lennox just quietly watched her.

Juliet wasn’t particularly crafty, but she made this red paper lantern quite well. She had memories of folding it with her parents every winter. She got scolded every time for playing with fire.