Chapter 55

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 55

Sshhhhh!

They didn’t know what was going on, but they were certain they had angered the sleeping monster.

Juliet was barely clinging onto the side of a cliff.

As the serpent monster writhed, the terrain changed so much that it was hard to even call it a cliff anymore.

“!”

“Quickly, come this way!”

Magda urgently called out to Juliet.

The fortunate thing was that Magda and the children. Eshelrid had timely taken refuge in a crevice near the cliff.

‘Of course, it’s difficult to climb up with that snake holding on like that…’

If they could divert the snake’s attention for a moment, they seemed to be able to climb up the cliff.

“Juliet!”

Hanging at the edge of the cliff, Juliet thought calmly.

‘Can I do it?’

As she thought this, Juliet’s body moved on its own without her knowing.

“Jul-”

Eshel’s eyes widened.

With an unknowing look on her face, Juliet stepped onto the cliff’s edge and stood up. The butterflies began to gather around her.

But the truly strange thing happened next.

Shhh…

The writhing, angered snake suddenly became quiet.

…An illusion?

Eshel instinctively realized what was going on.

“Magda, take the children and quickly climb up!”

* * *

Snap.

The connection broke and the moment consciousness returned to normal, Juliet felt a headache and swayed slightly on the spot.

Shh!

Unfortunately, at the same time the connection broke, the snake monster began to writhe in pain as well.

“Juliet!”

From above, Eshel reached out urgently.

But Juliet already knew that her hand was absurdly far away.

By the time Eshel called her name, Juliet was already losing her balance and falling below.

Ah, this is not good.

Juliet regretted it, feeling faint.

She shouldn’t have meddled in what wasn’t her business.

She felt as if she were falling slowly.

‘Is this what a slow-motion fall feels like?’

Juliet closed her eyes in resignation.

But there was no flash of past memories all at once.

During the slow fall, the only thing Juliet thought of was one thing.

‘If I die, will you cry for me?’

Inappropriately enough, she couldn’t think of anything but him. But Juliet knew the answer.

It was a story that had already ended.

The chances were high that he would never know who died in the collapsed dungeon.

Suddenly, butterflies with bright blue wings fluttered around her in a swarm.