Chapter 119

Even if a dead person truly came back to life, it wouldn’t be as shocking as this.

“Carlyle, you were definitely dead…!”

The Emperor hurriedly closed his mouth. The incident of his murder was still being treated as top secret under Silica law.

Even though it was just a rumor, some nobles in the banquet hall were still murmuring.

Regardless, it was a matter the Emperor shouldn’t publicly mention.

“Carlyle, weren’t you dead?”

Only after asking did the emperor realize how stupid his question sounded.

“Well…”

However, Duke Carlyle responded without a hint of laughter.

“Did you… deceive me and the imperial family?”

The Emperor then decided it was okay for him to be angry.

Whether it was a misunderstanding or not, the overly calm attitude of Duke Carlyle was somewhat infuriating.

“Stay calm, Your Majesty.”

“Do I look calm right now? Why such a lie!”

Duke Carlyle spoke calmly.

“If you’re going to punish me for my wrongdoing, I’ll accept it later. But for now, dealing with the traitor should be the priority.”

“Tr…traitor?”

Lennox Carlyle glanced at Marquis Guinness, who was still staring at him as if he were a ghost.

“You should know, Your Majesty. Counterfeiting money is a grave crime akin to treason.”

“…And?”

“And among the items that nobles are allowed to produce and trade freely, there’s only one that’s equivalent to money.”

“Ah, I know that. It’s the mana stone, isn’t it?”

While answering, the Emperor seemed a bit proud. Mana stones were the only item treated as equivalent to currency.

“Yes. Then, the one who falsely claimed the existence of a non-existent mana stone mine to defraud investments from the imperial family and other houses”

Duke Carlyle signaled the waiting imperial guards.

“Shouldn’t they also be punished for treason?”

“Well, yes? But why are you telling me this…”

“Captain of the guard, take him away.”

The captain instinctively grabbed Marquis Guinness, then hesitated, wondering if it was right to follow the order of the Duke rather than the Emperor.

But the Emperor didn’t have time to scold the captain’s hesitation.

“You can’t mean… Marquis Guinness, you?!”

The Emperor was lost in the recent conversation.

“It’s not true, Your Majesty! This is an absurd frame-up! Let me go!”

Marquis Guinness resisted fiercely, but Duke Carlyle calmly replied.

“Then, we should send someone to the south to investigate. Please allow the dispatch of an inspector, Your Majesty.”

“…Permission granted. Send an inspector to the south immediately!”

“What’s going on?!”

“Marquis Guinness!”