Chapter 35

Forgotten Juliet  Chapter 35

Cradle

Roadel was a beautiful city.

In the large circular fountain in the central square, water was gushing up, and around it stood red brick buildings.

Children and white doves mingled in the square, and there was a lively atmosphere among the people.

Juliet strolled along the fountain and the shopping street, admiring the shops, and casually stopped in front of a certain store.

“Welcome! What can I get you?”

The grumpy owner asked without even looking at Juliet, while arranging the merchandise.

Juliet didn’t answer and instead admired the various fruits displayed on the counter.

Thanks to the warm climate, the variety of fruits was abundant compared to her homeland. They weren’t cheap, but Juliet picked up two red apples. Then, as she was about to choose an orange, she paused.

‘They have it here too.’

She exclaimed when she spotted a much smaller fruit right next to the oranges.

It’s small, so why is it twice as expensive?

Juliet hesitated in front of the fruit counter.

A coin jingled in her pocket as she contemplated.

“I’ll take this too.”

Upon hearing that, the owner, who had a grumpy expression all along, suddenly brightened up.

The fruit she pointed out was a slow-selling item because it was expensive.

“Oh, well then! I’ll pack it for you!”

After a while, Juliet made a round in the village’s shopping street and settled at an outdoor table near her lodging. She opened the bag.

And first, she plucked out a fruit that looked like a small orange. To the people here, it was called ‘mandarin’.

‘Mandarin.’

Even the taste was exactly the same as the ones she had in the North.

Juliet hesitated for a moment and then bought a newspaper.

She thought she shouldn’t look at it, shouldn’t look, but in the end, she couldn’t resist and bought it again today.

Juliet took a deep breath and then unfolded the newspaper. She quickly skimmed through it.

“…Nothing.”

Nothing.

After a while, Juliet confirmed that there was no news of the kind she was looking for and unfolded the newspaper she was holding.

It was a little strange to expect and search for bad news. But she still wanted to check, even if it was like this.

‘It might not have appeared yet.’

It was pitiful to have such expectations.

Even if the newspaper didn’t include any news, she knew that Dahlia could have already appeared.

In her first life, Dahlia had appeared on the first day of this year. The place and timing of her appearance were so dramatic that it caused a commotion.

She remembered it clearly.

“Have you heard, Your Highness? She’s the ‘Maiden of Prophecy’.”