Chapter 103

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 103

Lennox laughed a little in disbelief.

‘You’re like a cunning old woman.’

He was at a concert hosted by Madam Ilena.

Most of the people, including the orchestra, were gathered on the floor below the hall.

Madam Ilena, being busy, reluctantly held him back as he mentioned he would be leaving the south tonight.

‘You must listen as I’ve brought a good performer,’ she persistently recommended.

Even if he didn’t want to be noticed, she suggested that he could quietly come and listen from the opened second floor.

Duke Carlyle had no interest in music or art.

However, he thought it wouldn’t be a bad idea to check on Juliet before leaving.

But not long after the performance began, Lennox realized that tonight’s event was not a mere music appreciation.

It was a stage set by Madam.

Madam Ilena sneaked a glance at the railing where he was leaning and spoke to Juliet standing next to her.

“Come here, Juliet. There are many gentlemen I’d like to introduce you to.”

Then she led Juliet through the crowd.

Though it was supposed to be a concert, the actual performance took a backseat, and she was busy introducing Juliet everywhere.

Whether it was because of the change in place or the people she met, Juliet looked more relaxed than usual.

Wearing a vibrant halter-neck dress that exposed her back and draped with a shawl, Juliet was more than enough to draw attention.

She smiled brightly and graciously accepted greetings from eager gentlemen approaching her.

“You’re as dazzlingly beautiful as I’ve heard.”

“I didn’t know Madam Ilena would introduce someone like you.”

From afar, Lennox, watching this friendly scene, felt a tinge of jealousy.

Thinking about it, Juliet had always been the type to easily charm strangers.

If not for being the subject of the Duke of Carlyle, Juliet would have lived in a much brighter and warmer world.

“This young lady is about the age of my granddaughter. You know, from the house of Count Monad…”

“Yes, a very noble family.”

“Yes, she should find her match soon.”

Watching Juliet surrounded by people, Madam Ilena proudly boasted to those around her.

Then, she sneakily glanced at the second floor where the Duke was standing.

Seeing the obvious intentions of the cunning old lady, Lennox was taken aback. It was so blatant that it was almost laughable.

Lennox barely resisted the urge to pluck out the eyes of those ogling Juliet.

It would do no good if Juliet realized he was here.

Lennox wasn’t idle enough to fall for such provocations.

His intention was to drop Juliet off in the south, briefly check on her well-being, watch a bit, then leave.

“Ahem.”

However, the next moment, he couldn’t laugh.

One of the gentlemen surrounding Juliet pretended to reach for a champagne glass but slyly touched her exposed back.