Chapter 91

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 91

When Roy arrived at Monad County, Juliet wasn’t at home.

According to the maid who was at the mansion, she had gone to the imperial palace early in the morning.

“Is that so?”

The servants of the Count’s manor were quite friendly towards Roy.

“Miss will be back soon. Would you like to wait inside?”

Despite the invitation to come in and sit, Roy declined and walked slowly along the secluded entrance of the mansion.

The Count’s manor, located on the outskirts of the capital, was surrounded by trees lining the path, making the scenery quite beautiful.

‘The imperial palace, huh.’

Upon hearing this, Roy felt relieved and somewhat amused.

He pulled out a small glass bottle from his pocket.

Juliet had been curious and asked various questions about the forest of Katia.

Roy was secretly pleased that she was curious about the forest, and every time he came, he brought her interesting things from the forest.

Among them were rare herbs that were hard to obtain no matter how much money was offered, and unique flowers that were hard to find anywhere on the continent.

Roy looked inside the small glass bottle. This gift was something Juliet had shown particular interest in; a herb with powerful sedative properties.

A moment later, with the sound of wheels in the distance, a familiar carriage appeared. Roy waited with a faint smile for the carriage to stop.

“Juliet.”

However, as soon as he saw the face of the woman alighting from the carriage at the entrance, his face instantly hardened.

“…Have you been crying?”

“I haven’t cried.”

Despite her reddened eyes, Juliet stubbornly denied it.

A lie.

Roy frowned, choosing not to verbally point out her dishonesty.

‘Did that Duke… die?’

Even though he knew it couldn’t be true, Roy momentarily thought so.

Ordinary humans might have, being fragile. But not Lennox.

Since he was young, Roy had known about the existence of the Carlyle Duke’s family.

Thanks to living in the North, he didn’t encounter forest dwellers, but he was different from ordinary humans.

‘Wasn’t it a family that has existed for a thousand years?’

And that man seemed to have a complicated relationship with Juliet.

‘Annoyingly.’

Recently, Roy’s brothers mocked him for falling for a human.

But Roy didn’t care. They were weak-minded anyway. A single scolding would set them straight.

The problem was that man.

Roy remembered him dueling with a sword at the ball.

‘Really, so annoying.’

Suddenly, he felt thirsty.

“Juliet, where have you been?”

When asked casually, Juliet remained silent for a moment before answering.