Chapter 40

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 40

The servant led the three of them down to the audience room downstairs.

“Welcome!”

As they descended, a squat man dressed in a brilliantly colorful robe sprang up and shouted.

Robert Aquitas.

The great lord of Aquitaine, was old and decrepit, and nobody was left by his side.

His talented eldest daughter, who was his successor, was killed in the battlefield, and the whereabouts of his two remaining sons have been mysterious for years.

Rumors had it that they had a big fight with their father about their sister’s death and left their family.

Thus, the only ones left by the old lord’s side were those who flattered him, always eager to pull something off.

“Thank you for your hospitality.”

But that was not the concern of Lennox Carlyle. His purpose for being here wasn’t Aquitaine’s Lord.

“What do you mean by hospitality!”

Despite Lennox’s soulless formalities, Robert, Aquitaine’s Lord, kept laughing and welcoming him.

“You’re welcome to stay as long as you want, don’t feel pressured.”

Robert winked at his servants and took Lennox and his companions out again.

“Now, come this way. A place has been prepared.”

The lord seemed to be showing off his guests as they followed him.

Robert took their party downstairs.

The downstairs, adorned with a red banner and lavishly decorated, was a small banquet hall, and a few guests had already arrived.

As they entered, the people in the banquet hall stood up all at once, and the sound of chairs being dragged on the floor could be heard.

The atmosphere was chaotic with attitudes that seemed a little tense overall.

Hadin, who usually showed little change in expression, had no reaction, but Jude blew a low whistle and looked at his master.

The intentions of the lord of Aquitaine were obvious.

He obviously wanted to show off his friendship with the Duke of the North in front of the nobles.

‘That’s all he can boast about.’

Jude frowned briefly, but as far as he knew, his lord, Duke Carlyle, wasn’t the type who likes being used in such matters.

However, contrary to Jude’s expectations, Lennox quietly sat in the seat next to the lord of Aquitaine without a word.

Hadin and Jude had no choice but to sit down with a slightly disappointed look. Jude quietly pursed his lips.

As the lord instructed, the musicians started playing, and the glasses were filled.

After a while, Robert, who had been rambling on, patted Duke Carlyle’s shoulder as if he was his father.

“Your dead father and I were very close. So feel free to think of me as your father.”

Lennox knew that if his father were alive, he would never have associated with someone like Robert Aquitas, but he din’t bother to point that out.

“Ahem.”

One middle-aged man among the people sitting in the banquet hall cleared his throat to get the lord’s attention

“Oh, I should be mindful. Well, well, there is someone I need to introduce.”