Chapter 17

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 17

Thud!

“Get the hell out of here! How dare you say such a thing!?”

“….Ugh, whatever, I was about to leave anyway!”

The loud shout of Count Monad, who very rarely raised his voice, reached the living room on the first floor.

“I will go up and see what is there,” Juliet said hurriedly to stop her mother, who, with a surprised expression on her face, was about to get up and go upstairs.

But before Juliet could climb the steps, she ran into a middle-aged man who had left the Count’s office.

“Why shout like that? It’s just a stupid antique…”

The man grumbled in annoyance with annoyed eyes, however, when he saw Juliet in front of him, his eyes widened in surprise.

“No, wait, Juliet, is that you? I can’t believe my eyes. When I last saw you, you were much smaller…”

The look he gave her from top to bottom was unpleasant to her, but Juliet still forced herself to smile at him.

“Hello Uncle Gaspar.”

Her father, Count Monad, was a gentle and good-natured man.

And although he lacked the talent to make a fortune, thanks to him the family somehow made money to live.

In addition, the Count valued his family above all else, so even when his useless half-brother got into some kind of trouble, he sorted out all the problems without a single word.

The Count’s half-brother, Gaspar, was always jealous of Juliet’s father. Although he was originally granted the title of Baron, which belonged to the Count Monad, he couldn’t be satisfied with this title alone.

Juliet distinctly remembered that in her first life, it was Gaspar who had provoked the deaths of her parents. Everyone thought the cause of death was an accident, but this accident was deliberately orchestrated by her uncle.

Therefore, the first thing Juliet did, as soon as she realized that she had returned to the past, was to discredit Baron Gaspar.

When three years ago Juliet returned to the past, after her death, she was only fifteen years old.

And despite the fact that she had memories of her former life, the possibilities of what a fifteen-year-old aristocrat could do were not so great.

So she began to work on what she could do with the information and authority she had.

The first thing she did was create a fake identity. Then she hired the information guild to carefully study and collect evidence of Baron Gaspar’s cruelty.

Of course, she couldn’t let him kill her family again and ruin her life.

And so, when after some time the necessary information was collected on him, Juliet ‘purely by chance’ brought her father, Count Monad, to one of the illegal transactions of her uncle, Baron Gaspar.

Having stumbled upon this illegal transaction, Count Monad began to carefully check all his affairs and eventually discovered many more of the same transactions. During this investigation, he also found quite a few people who told him about all the dirty deeds committed by Gaspar over the past few years.

From swindling Count Monad’s name to secretly selling their family property.

When Gaspar squandered his fortune, he was only able to continue his lavish lifestyle thanks to being the half-brother of respected Count Monad.