Chapter 59

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 59

“Yes. So I was curious about what the smell of wild strawberries is like.”

At this, Roy offered the fruit in his hand with a broad smile.

“You’ll know once you try it.”

She didn’t know about the smell, but the taste was sweet and sour, which was quite delicious.

‘So it wasn’t an insult.’

Subtly paying attention to Elsa’s remark, Juliet decided to give Elsa a higher evaluation after tasting the wild strawberries.

Feeling good after eating something sweet, Juliet, who was walking side by side with the carriage, started to ask Roy various things.

‘What does the forest look like?’

‘Is there a castle?’

‘What do you call those clothes?’

Eshel, who suddenly appeared from somewhere, joined in and helped to inundate Roy with questions.

Flustered by the barrage of questions, Roy asked:

“What about Juliet?”

“There’s not much to talk about me…”

She couldn’t talk about the North either.

Juliet chose a fairly safe topic after contemplating for a while.

“In the capital, we hold a ball called Adorable Bluebell during the summer social season.”

Adorable Bluebell. The Bluebell Ball.

This grandly named ball, held only for seven nights in late summer, was the event the Empress was most proud of.

Adorable Bluebell was also a long-standing hobby of the Empress, who had a girlish side.

Although any adult men and women over the age of eighteen can participate, the actual age group that attends is mainly young, unmarried nobles, both male and female.

“It’s a bit childish, but fun.”

They wear masks or costumes, and dress more flamboyantly than usual.

They place bell-shaped sculptures all over the venue and turn on a lot of blue lights.

So it was more like a large-scale themed salon aimed at a younger age group, rather than the usual serious or formal balls.

“The person who receives the most flowers becomes the Bluebell of the day. Then, anyone who attends the party has to listen to what the Bluebell of the day wants.”

It was quite a deliberate rule.

A costume ball targeting young, unmarried men and women in the middle of summer.

It seemed to have been set up to encourage a match.

“So if you receive a confession, you can’t refuse it?”

Gray, who had somehow approached and been listening, asked rather seriously.

“That’s right. There’s a saying that a pair made at the Bluebell ball will be happy for a long time.”

It’s probably a superstition.

More accurately, it meant that the Empress was pleased to see couples forming like that.

But then Roy, who had been quietly listening, tilted his head and asked an unexpected question.

“Has Juliet ever been the Bluebell?”