Eloise Bridgerton - Chapter 34

"I don't know anything about being a wife, much less a Marchioness", said Eloise frankly, looking at Theo.

"That's good", said Theo with a smile as he stroked her hand. "You can teach me how to be a Marquess."

"And what about a husband?" asked Eloise, cocking her eyebrow.

"One of the many things I am sure you will correct me about through life", said Theo. "We can learn together. I want a life partner, a companion, someone with whom I can be myself....not a Marchioness."

"Strange", said Eloise. "You're one of the few people I can be myself around too."

"Is that a yes?", asked Theo, touching his nose to hers.

Eloise felt sparks shoot through her at the touch and a tingling sensation down her smile. She gave a hesitant smile and whispered "Did you have a question for me?"

"Will you marry me?", breathed Theo.

Eloise didn't reply but placed her free hand on his chest.

"Does that mean yes?", asked Theo as he placed her other hand on the opposite side of the first. "Eloise, I need you to say something."

'Yes", whispered Eloise.

Theo let out a relieved sigh and stroked her chin with his hand. Eloise closed her eyes at his touch. Theo cupped her face with both his hand and softly kissed her forehead. His lips traced a jagged line from her temple to the edge of her mouth. Eloise's breath caught in her throat and she clutched his shirt tightly. His body was warm, inviting and as her fingers traced the sinews of his chest, Theo shuddered.

His head bent below her chin, angling her neck upwards as his lips found her jugular. He peppered her neck with kisses as his hands reached her back to press her body towards him. Eloise let out a faint gasp and her eyes widened as his lips reached lower. Feather soft against her collar bone they dipped lower until they stopped at the edge of her dress.

Theo lifted his head as he pulled away.

They both gazed at each other, breathless.

"Do you want me to stop?", asked Theo. "Because if you do, tell me now."

Eloise shook her head as her chest heaved.

Theo's eyes flared with a desire that he had kept tamed. He grabbed her face with both hands and pressed his lips hard against hers. Eloise threw her hands around his neck as she nipped his lower lip. Theo deepened his kiss as one hand wandered down to her shoulder and pulled her dress and innerwear down. Eloise gasped as Theo bent down and closed his mouth over her exposed breast.

Eloise clung on to his hair as she writhed and gasped. Theo released her breast and bent down, sweeping her off her feet. With two quick strides, he covered the length of the room and reached the bed. He placed her on the bed and lay atop her, his knees supporting him on the bed.

Eloise breathed deeply as she looked at him with wide eyes. Theo stroked her cheek, playing with the errant locks of hair that had come free from her bun. Eloise placed her hands hesitantly on his shoulders.

"You're stronger than I expected", she whispered to him.

"What did you expect?", asked Theo with a smile.

Eloise gazed at him and took in the soft green eyes, the light turning his dark hair auburn and suddenly felt a sense of calm. This was Theo and she felt at home with him.

"Are you alright?" he asked softly.

Eloise didn't wait for an answer but rather put her arms around his neck and pulled him towards her. She kissed him passionately, taking charge. Her hands moved from his hair to his shoulders and to his throat. She struggled with the cravat at his neck until he helped her and tossed it to the ground. Eloise moved her hands down to his shirt and ripped it open, the buttons falling to the floor with a clatter. She ran her hands down his bare shoulders and down his strong sinewy chest.

Theo moaned at her touch and his hands moved down her back and gripped her backside. Eloise squealed as he pulled her legs out from under her with both his hands and placed her on her back. Her legs were in the air, straddled across his waist as he loomed over her bare-chested. He hesitated, afraid to come closer lest she feel the extent of his desire.

Eloise traced the muscles that defined his strong chest and thought the shirt and coat didn't do him any justice. As she lifted her eyes to his, Theo bent down and nudged her chin up, kissing her throat. Her moans grew louder as his mouth peppered kisses down her body. His hands moved faster though and pulled the remainder of her dress down. Theo finally reached her waist and Eloise gasped as he lifted her and pulled her dress out completely. She lay there in her undergarments as Theo stood at the edge of the bed. Eloise flushed a deep red as Theo's eyes roamed her bare body. Theo noticed her shoulders contracted nervously and slowly came to the bed and lay down next to her.

Theo extended his arm and Eloise lifted her head so he could place it under. She turned on her side and lay her head close to his while he stroked her cheek.

"Are you alright?", asked Theo. Eloise nodded and closed her eyes. Theo softly kissed her eyelids and then her nose. He moved down to her lips for a deep, soft kiss as he fingers drew delicate circles down her body. When he reached her stomach, Eloise gasped and heat flared inside her stomach flaming across her body. Theo removed his hands and reached to pull his own trousers down. He rolled over her and straddled her, this time coming as close as he could.

Eloise's eyes widened as she felt his manhood between her legs and she breathed heavily as she grasped his head and pulled it close to her own face.

"Eloise, I'm going to be as gentle as I can but this may hurt you", said Theo looking down at her worriedly.

Eloise blinked and then said with a small smile "You'll make it alright."

Theo smiled in response but still looked worried and said "I'll try to make it as quick as possible."

"You make it sound like a chore", said Eloise with a slight frown. "Though I am not sure what comes next."

Theo gave a relieved laugh as he kissed her on her nose.

"Why are you laughing?", asked Eloise.

"When you are telling me what to do, that's when I know everything will be alright", said Theo with a smile.

"It seems like you will have to get used to that for the rest of your life", said Eloise playing with his hair.

"Gladly", said Theo, kissing her. As his kiss demanded more from her, he moved his hips and then suddenly thrust himself deep within until he was buried to the hilt.

Eloise gasped as Theo released her mouth and let out a moan of his own.

"Are you alright? Did I hurt you?", asked Theo, touching his nose to hers.

Eloise shook her head but she seemed out of breath to answer. Theo began to move his hips, involuntarily and Eloise's gasps grew louder and louder. She pulled Theo closed to her as her fingernails dug into his shoulders.

Theo moved faster and faster as their moans grew louder. Eloise felt emotions that she had never felt before. She felt heat blossoming across every inch of her body and as though she was coming apart at the seams as she grasped Theo.

Theo moved vigorously, waiting to hear the ultimate sound of release from her, praying it would come soon ... .unsure how long he could hold on. 

Finally Eloise gave a cry as she felt herself falling. Theo let himself go and collapsed on top of her, the two breathing heavily unable to speak.

Eloise was the first to move. She tousled his hair and her hands trailed down his sweaty, muscled back.

"I suppose I have finally found out", Eloise muttered.

"What?", gasped Theo unable to lift himself and look at her. "What have you found out?"

"How a woman comes to be with a child", said Eloise.

Theo raised his head and looked at her in surprise. She gave a small laugh and said "My brothers would never tell me."

Theo shook his head as he pushed the hair out of her face.

"Well, I am glad I could show you", he said with a smile. He rolled away onto his back and pulled her closer such that her head rested in the crook between his neck and shoulder. She curled her legs and placed them across his.

Theo struggled up and pulled a blanket over the two of them. He kissed the top of her head and the two drifted off to sleep.