Finally, after a dramatic exit from Joe, the principle continued to hand out certificate after certificate, the whole ceremony continuing to run quite smoothly.

I could feel Matt’s eyes bore into me from the left side of the stage, but I ignored his glance, taking the pictures of a few of the students introduced before him.

“Mathew Wilson!” The announcer introduced, causing butterflies to appear in my stomach. Looking at Matt, it was clear to everyone around and myself that all I could do was stare at him as he collected his certificate and stood on the podium to get his picture taken. When he stared at me, he smiled brightly, showing off his teeth and dimples.

Suddenly, a bright flash enveloped my vision, causing my eyes to blink madly. I could hear Lia chuckle, soon followed by Matt.

When my vision cleared, he had already left the stage, sitting in his designated seat. “You better delete that picture Lia.” I told her, completely embarrassed at being caught staring at Matt only. It wasn’t my fault though. He was way too handsome for his own good.

“Sure thing sweetie.” I shook my head at her sarcasm, promising myself to delete that picture first chance I got.

**

 “Please tell me you guys managed to do one thing right and arrange the seatings with Jack, Leo, Marty and Brian?” Lia asked Joe and Matt with a little shake of her head.

“Why the hell do you want to sit with those idiots?” Joe asked angrily, clinging to Lia’s side more ferociously.

“Because I don’t want to be stuck on a table with guys who have bimbo dates. Can’t be bothered dealing with them tonight!” She pointed out, much to Joe’s relief. Who knew what was going on in that big head of his?

“Brian and Jack are on our table. The other two are on someone else’s.” Matt answered Lia, who sighed deeply at his response. “There’s also a few of us on the football team who are on our table. I think Flint, Ralf and Aaron are on our table too.” He continued, trying to keep her calm, even though it was his and Joe’s graduation dinner/party.

“All of them will have bimbo dates so sucked in.” Joe teased Lia, knowing damn well that it was going to cause a fight between the two.

“Brian and Jack won’t so we’re sitting next to them.” She pushed Joe with her shoulder, though he didn’t move much. Considering his size and muscular figure, I was kind of surprised she didn’t hurt herself, even though I knew how strong she can be when she wants and needs to be.

“Na, I think I want to sit with the guys tonight and just admire your beauty from afar...”

“Let’s leave ‘em alone for a while and go for a walk.” Matt whispered in my ear, tightening his hands around my waist slightly.

I smiled in response, looking at Lia and Joe who were about to get into another argument quite soon. “But won’t everyone be settling down to eat soon?” I asked, looking at the time on my watch. It was just past eight fifteen now. Surely they would start serving appetisers soon.

“We’ll be back before they hand out the dinner. Trust me.” I nodded my head, following him out of the room, stepping outside of the reception hall, the wind blowing my hair in all different directions.

“I like that you changed your hair colour back to normal.” Matt complimented me as soon as we started to walk along the edge of the flowery garden.

“You do? Because Lia suggested that the black was making me look fake and that...” I lost my train of thought, thinking back to when Lia scrubbed the colour out of my hair and re dyed it a light brown again. It was as close to my natural hair colour as ever.