🎲|WAKING UP|

Chapter 40
Vijay Oberoi

☆☆☆

I open my eyes, and it stings.

Fuck, everything hurts.

My chest, my shoulder, my back, my hand, my head.

And I feel fucking weak.

I take a deep breath and open my eyes.

My hand is in a sling, and I'm in a hospital.

Why?

The memories rush into me as I remember what had happened.

Gun, shanaya.

She was about to be shot.

That fucker. If I had enough time then, I would've made him pay for thinking about touching my girl. Even if with a bullet.

The door opens and the last person I expected walks in.

Manav Sehgal and his father.

Okay, this is gonna be akward.

Manav stands beside my bed.

"It's nice- no, okay to see you alive, I guess." He says.

"Manav." His father says.

Manav rolls his eyes and then says with a sickeningly fake smile, "I'm so happy you survived. I'm glad you're alive, and definitely not hoping you died instead.-"

"Manav get out of here."

"I was kidding da-"

"Get out."

Manav walks out, his father remains and while staring at ghe door his son walked out of he says, "Manav's a bit insensitive, but he donated his blood to you."

I widen my eyes.

Does that mean that fuckers blood is in my veins right now?

Ignoring the urge to shoot myself again and loose all of his blood I say," Say thanks to him."

I say that just out of my non existent manners.

"I'm the one who is supposed to be thanking you.. for saving my niece. " He mumbles.

"Yeah.. that.."

I don't know what to say. It's obvious to everyone now that I'm in love with her.

I just don't want to know her uncle's reaction to all of this.

"Are you both dating?" He questions.

"Not anymore."

"You were and you want to?" He asks.

I can't believe this convo is taking place.

"Yes." I whispered.

"I'm okay with that." He says.

I nod, not able to believe whatever is going on.

"Now, someone else wants to meet you." He says with a smile.

☆☆☆

I expected to see Shanaya walk in, but instead my dad does.

Why the fuck is he here?

I haven't talked to him in long.

"Vijay, are you okay?"

Did not expect to hear that from his mouth.

"I was, before you came in."

He frowns.

"I'm sorry Vijay. I think I haven't been a good father at all. I was hiding behind work like a coward. And I did not realise how much I wanted you in my life till I heard you got shot."

I want to ask him to shut up. I really stopped caring about him a long time ago.

"I don't care, Dad. I lost the childhood I should've got, and I'll never get it back. What use is apologizing?"

He looks away and says, "Hopefully one day you forgive me. For now, call your mom she's been in a frenzy ever since she heard you got shot." That too for a Sehgal.

He didn't say the last part, but I see it in his face.

☆☆☆

After hours of getting checked upon by the doctor, visitors were allowed to meet me for more than 20 minutes at a time.

The first to come were Ravi, Shravan and Sid. Shravan cried a bit, and Ravi was angry I made Sarika scared by getting shot in front of her.

Sidhant was looking at me, judging me.

"I thought you were the only one who'd never become a lovesick fool, but here we are." He commented.

And after they have left, I'm sitting alone in the hospital waiting for.. someone to come.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in." I say.

The door opens and.

Oh.

My.

God.

It's her.

Her.

She's here.

AHHHHHH.

She's wearing a cute pink top with open hair, and those eyes, I swear they'll be the end of me.

She walks towards me with a contenplating stare, and when she's near me, she leans down, and-

SLAP.

I rear at the force, and a jolt of pain cascades down my body.

What the fuck.

That was not what I was expecting.

"Why would.." she sniffled. "You do.. that..."

"What did I do? You were the one who hit me?"

"I mean.. why did you take a bullet.." she sniffles again, on the verge of crying.

"Nothing happened. I'm alive, and alright."

She looks at me, and then jumps at me, hugging me, crying,

"I thought you would die.." she cries.

"I'm here."

"Don't you ever scare me like that again, Vijay.."

She said my name. Fuck, yes!

"Dove, I'd gladly take thousands of bullets if it meant I could have you. Because, I love you. I mean it this time, I don't want to see you hurt ever again."

She looks up at me, her eyes still wet from crying and says, "I love you too."