🎲|LAKE AGAIN|

CHAPTER 6Vijay Oberoi

CHAPTER 6
Vijay Oberoi

"Hey mom." I say, putting on a smile.

"Hi Vijay! Are you okay? How is your health? Are you eating enough? Are your wounds from that hunting thing healed? Why don't you leave the team of that hunting thing, it's taking a toll on your body! What would I do if something happened to you-"

"Relax." I say.

"Yeah I was just worried."

"I'm okay, the wounds are okay, and I'm not leaving the hunting team, Mum."

"Okay."

We're on a video call. My mom, Kiara Oberoi worries a lot, pampers a lot, but dad does the exact opposite.

At that second, dad appears behind mom, with a hand in his pocket, and nods at me with a,"Vijay."

I reply,"Dad." And nod in greeting,

"You guys are looking like you're rivals in a business meetings. Why don't you both relax?"

My mom glances at Dad, while saying that, and dad says,"That's just how we talk."

No, it's not. He used to be someone who read me stories at night, who kissed me good night when I was 5. Ever since he has broken his friendship with Mr. Sehgal, he's changed. I suspect it's the guilt of getting a lady indirectly killed.

Mrs. Shegal, was killed due to a decision my dad took. He's never been the same.

Killing an innocent person and guilty person is different, very different. She didn't deserve it.

My dad has a big ego, and would never apologize.

He'll just say he's Dev Oberoi, and the last thing he'll do is apologising to anyone.

"You guys soften up a little, hmm?"

"Mom, drop it. Tell me how's everyone."

She frowns but goes into details about how her friend's husband was cheating on her. I swear, sometimes she feels like my child instead of mother.

I notice a ghost of a smile on dad's lips as he watches mom rant about that cheater husband of her friend.

"And then divorce." Mom concludes.

"Her life is messed up. Whew."

"It is. How are Shravan and Avni?"

I've brought them over a few times so mom knows them.

"Both of them are doing well."

Dad has disappeared again.

"And how about you date someone, Vijay? I've been waiting for you to introduce me to a girlfriend."

"Not interested. "

I don't know why Shanaya's face swims in front of my eyes. Fuck it, looks like she's possessing me. I'll ask Avni if Shanaya does black magic.