🎲|CONCERN|

Chapter 36
Vijay Oberoi

Punch.

Fuck this.

My hands are behind my back, tied. For god's sake. I don't like this at all.

"Fucking idiot." Manav growls, looking into my eyes, and lifts his hand to punch me again.

I brace myself for the impact.

I don't get how Manav managed to get me in this compromising position, but I hate this.

"I'm getting Deja Vu." Daksh says, enjoying the drama. Remind me why I did not let Ravi kill him that day?

"Me too." Vedant says, smiling.

Psycho.

"Yeah that day when we brought Ravi here-"

I can't hear the next words because I get punched again. I stumble backwards, knowing my nose is bleeding.

Don't hit Manav, Shanaya won't like it if you do.

I glare at Manav.

"How fucking dare you even try to contact her again?"

Punch.

"How do you even have the guts to go back to her?"

Punch.

"I'll keep trying till she starts talking to me." I murmur.

Punch.

"Why the fuc-"

"I love her, Manav."

Manav pauses. His mouth opens a little in shock and he blinks.

"Did he say that?" Vedant asks Daksh.

"Seems so."

Manav's looking at me with an unreadable expression. Then he says, "People like you and me don't even know the meaning of love, Vijay. We're uncapable of loving."

It's like he's talking to himself.

Oh, don't tell me even Manav is in love.

"We are, when we find the right girl." I reply.

"The.. right girl..?" He whispers, then as if he realised he's sharing personal thoughts with me, he goes back to agressive mode.

Punch.

"My cousin is not your rigt girl cuz no one treats their right girl like that."

True.

Manav pauses when he hears voices outside.

"I bet it's Shanaya. I remember when Sarika came in and I was hitting Ravi.. thay was-"

"She won't come here." Manav mumbles, "she doesn't know I'm here. Even if she does, she'll probably want me to kill him on her behalf."

I say, out loud, "If she wants you to do that, you can."

Manav looks at me with an unreadable expression, and then goes to check the door.

"I was right." Vedant says, when Shanaya walks in. Behind her, is Ravi who smiles at me.

Crazy person. I'm getting beaten here and he's laughing.

Shanaya doesn't even look at me, and speaks to Manav," What the hell is going on?"

"Well.. I was doing you a favor-"

"I don't need this Manav. I can take care of myself, atleast now."

Manav rolls his eyes.

Meanwhile Ravi shakes hands with Vedant. Who knew that could happen.

And, why is he not coming to me trying to comfort me? Not that I need it.

"Fine, I'll let him go.." Manav whispers.

"Good." Shanaya says, and walks out without looking at me.

What's with her?

☆☆☆

"This was fun." Ravi says.

Fun?

"When did you come back from Mumbai?" I ask, ignoring his remark.

"Just now. Vedant hinted what Manav was about to do."

I nod, and walk with him

"Do you remember when you told me," Ravi says,"that you would never drop your self esteem for a girl?"

I look away, refusing to admit that's what I did right now.

"I knew you would." Ravi laughs.

He seems more human these days. Like, Sarika's having an effect on him. He seems happy too, careless too.

"Shut up."

"Also, I think you should keep trying to win Shanaya back."

"S-"

"I know you don't consider me a friend, and I'm only here with you cuz I play with you in the hunting. But, I consider you as a friend. So, take my advice, keep trying."

I do consider you a friend. I may have indicated I don't, but I do. I didn't know I did, but I did.

I don't say the words. But I hope someday he does understand. He's become like family to me.

"Shanaya didn't even look at me back there." I say.

"Well, you should've seen her face when I told her you were with Manav. She looked so concerned. I'm telling you. Everything will work out."

☆☆☆