🕊|ON MY MIND|

CHAPTER 3Shanaya Sehgal

CHAPTER 3
Shanaya Sehgal

If I could choose, I'd be in FREISWOOD.

It's a house,
In R.R. university, there are 2 houses JURSIX and FREISWOOD. Both of these hate each other, atleast they try to compete for every single thing.

I'm in Jursix. I didn't want to be. My life would be good, I'd never meet Avni, Shravan or Vijay. I'd be with my cousin.

Said cousin is frying my brains right now.

"Sure, you're not ignoring me?" My cousin asks.

Manav Sehgal carries a sense of mystery around him and he's similar to Vijay in some ways. Both of them want to conquer, to rule.

"Why'd I ignore you, brother?" I ask.

"I don't know, I just felt it. Everything alright?"

"Yeah."

There, that's the difference between Vijay and Manav. Manav would burn the world for anyone he loves, he puts work after people.

Vijay? He could burn you, but not himself or his work. Even if he loves you.

"So I'm not being ignored, good to know."  He says.

"Yeah, you're not." I lie.

I am ignoring Manav.

The only reason is that I feel uninvited by the JURSIX guys because I'm related to Manav. They think I'll tell the stuff they say to Manav.

That's why I've been staying away from Manav.

Manav seems convinced and starts to leave, walking backwards and he bumps into someone.

"Ouch."

I see Avni, who was prolly looking at her phone while walking and is now on her butt due to colliding with Manav.

"Sorry, didn't see you there."

Manav offers her a hand to stand up.

"They didn't teach you to not walk backwards?" She snaps, swats away Manav's hand and walks towards me.

Manav looks.. impressed? Hello? Are my eyes going haywire?

Avni fixes her glasses and pats her blonde hair and urges me into class.

☆☆☆

Concentration levels today? 0. Nil. Nada.

All I can feel is Vijay's rough lips on mine as he devoured my lips. He didn't just kiss. He was like a starving man who had seen food after a long time.

The skillfulness of his lips, and the roughness of the action.

Fuck. I thought he hated me.

Then why the fuck did he do that?

"Ms. Sehgal?"

I get startled upon hearing my name from the new Professor,  who is Prof. Whitsby's replacement.

"Yes?"

"Where are we reading? Which page?"

Oh, I have no fucking clue. I smile at him, trying to look innocent.

"Get out of the class, now."

I sigh, Avni throws me an unapproving look. She's serious about studies.

I walk out, and the English teaching new Prof. glares a little at me.

Once I'm out of the class, I stand in the corridor, leaning against the wall. What the fuck is even wrong with me?

"Hey."

I stop breathing when I hear that voice. I turn my head to my right and find Vijay standing there.

He looks breathtakingly handsome. From his black hair to his legs, perfect is one way to describe him.

"Hi?" I'm unsure of why he is here.

"Why are you out here?"

"Prof asked me to basically fuck off from the class."

My nonchalant tone does not match the fucking unease of my heart.
"Oh. You should pay attention."

I was thinking about you and your lips, asshole.

"It's english. I top it already."

"I thought Avni topped."

"After her. It's the same thing really."

I have no clue why Vijay is trying to talk to me. But I got a bad feeling 'bout him.

Earlier I used to be jealous of Avni, that she had known this complicated man his whole life. I have also known him, but only on the surface. I knew him as my uncle and cousin's greates enemy.

In university, I finally got to meet him.

So I used to be jealous of Avni, but then I realised fuck this, he's an idiot and Avni is like a sister to him. Not that I care.

"So you're free now?"

"Yeah.." I say.

"Great, follow me."