🕊|LETTERS|

Chapter 35
Shanaya Sehgal

2 months later

He's been so annoying.

He shows up at my door every morning, begging for a chance. I always either ignore him or shut the door on his face.

He has begin to try to meet me everywhere. After every class, he'll be there to say sorry, apologize, and what not.

But, I'm just scared of letting him in. He does not deserve it. Everytime I try to talk to him, what he said ti me that day rings in my mind.

I can't trust him again, no matter how hard I try.

Manav has started noticing Vijay pestering me. I asked him not to bother, and that it was nothing, but he's not convinced.

The new year of college has started. A new season of the hunting is approaching.

I'm scared what will happen when Manav and Vijay face each other again.

And the letters. I get one everynight. In my room, on the bedside table. I don't know how Vijay gets into my room and puts a letter there. My guess is he asks Avni to do that.

Avni's been talking to him awfully lot these days. Nikita too.

Right now there is a stack of around 60 letters in the waste paper bag. I read none of them.

There is one over here again..

Should I read it? Yesterday I almost did.

I stare at the white paper, and curiosity gets the best of me.

Dear Dove,
I know you probably aren't opening my letters, and maybe you won't read this one too.

But, I really miss you. I hate life without you. It feels empty.

I know, I messed up, and I know, I'm the biggest idiot to exist, but I'll change for you. I'll become someone you deserve.

I'm trying so hard to get you to talk to me. I know what I did will not go away so easily.

If I just had the sense to realise I was in love with you sooner.

Yes, I love you. So damn much Shanaya. It hurts when I see you smile at your friends, knowing I'll probably never get to see you smile at me that way again.

I don't deserve you. You're an angel. But I promise, if you give me just another chance, I'll make the best out of it.

Yours,
Vijay.

I stare at the letter. Does he really mean it? Or is he gonna hurt me again?

Because I'll not survive it another time. I know that.

My feet carry me to the bag of waste paper where all his letters lie.

I take out all of them.

And sit down to read.

Dear Dove,
Look at this, me, Vijay Oberoi, is writing a letter.

I swear, I don't know how to write one. Avni said she'll help me write, but I want this to be my own words.

I really miss you. I messed up and I'm trying to make it right.

Please. Just talk to me once. Please.

I really, really, really, really am sorry.

I'll do amything you want if you talk to me again.

I'm begging you.

Yours,
Vijay.

Dear Dove,

You slammed the door on my face again today morning.

But I'm not detered at all, I'll keep trying. I'll keep waiting, no matter how long it takes.

It might take months or even years, but I'll be here.

Always. I promise.

Yours,
Vijay

Dear Dove,
I think you're not reading my letters. But that's alright, I'll keep writing.

Today, I saw Ravi and Sarika doing couple shit. It made me wonder, would we do that too?

Had we been together?

I don't know why it made me almost cry, knowing I can't hold you that way.

I miss you.

Yours,
Vijay.

Dear Dove,

I might have told you I don't like repeating my words, but for you I'm gonna say it again and again.

Please give me one chance. Only one. I'm begging you.

Miss you.

Yours,
Vijay.

The same things in each letter. Does he really miss me that much? Or is it another elaborate plan of his?

I stare at those letters, unsure, wary, and feeling a sense of overwhelming sadness.

☆☆☆

"So, how have you been?"

"Just coping with life." I tell Ravi. He was in Mumbai with Vedant, for some urgent work. I for a reason know they were probably doing something to Judah, the guy who tried to kill Sarika.

"Oh.. hey.. have you seen Vijay since today morning?" He asks.

On hearing his name, it hirts ten times worse after reading those letters.

"N-no."

Which is weird because he did not show up today morning to pester me nor did he try to meet me during the breaks.

Ravi puts a hand on his face, and lets out a breath," I have an intuition... that Vijay may be with Manav.."

"Why would he be with Manav?" I ask.

"Umm.. you know... perhaps Manav told you he had plans of torturing Vijay or something? Because that is what I think is happening."

"Manav would not torture Vij-"

A memory, from when Vijay dumped  me and Manav was consoling me replays itself in my head, when Manav said,

"And if I see that Vijay again near you.. he's going to pay. You can count on that."

Oh shit. He definitely did notice Vijay near me.

☆☆☆