🕊|OUT|

CHAPTER 5DOVE

CHAPTER 5
DOVE

At this point, I need someone to distract me, because my mind won't come out of where it's stuck.

My mind is still at the lake, when I fell in, and got saved by Vijay, not saved, but yeah he jumped in for me.

His fucking body, those abs and muscles, his fucking chest, everything about him, fuck.

He looked like a Greek God.

And my fucking shirt had to be white today. He could see every-fucking-thing after the shirt became wet.

I'm still in Vijay's red sweatshirt. It smells like him, like some sophisticated perfume, and a distinct smell that belongs to him.

I haven't remove it. Don't want to.

I feel safe in here. But I'm a fool. The last thing I should be feeling around Vijay is safe.

He's a lot of things but not a protector. I don't know why he took me to the lake. I'm not good at reading people so I couldn't tell what he wanted to do.

What was the point? He wanted to befriend me to get close to my family and destroy them?

Or was it genuine?

He's said he hated me, not directly, no. But he's indicated he hated me. When I and Avni were around he'd ask either both of us to leave or me to leave.

He doesn't even trust me, as he has said many times.

So what does he want?

The look in his eyes when I fell, it seemed genuine.

Keyword: Seemed.

I don't know if it was, and there is no way of knowing.

I'm not letting anyone else see you like this.

What did he mean by that? Genuine or fake?

My mind can't wrap around it.

I tend to be naive and manipulated easily, my cousin's words not mine.

And Vijay, he's called the MANIPULATOR. Doesn't that make me and easy prey for him?

Fuck this.

I can't even think straight with his scent engulfing me.

Tring.

I see my phone ringing. It fell in the water too, but luckily it's water proof. Being rich has its perks.

My uncle's calling. He's Manav's dad, and ruthless is one way to call him. Manav inherits most of his traits from his dad.

Ruthless, Workaholic, but inside their heart they care.

My uncle had killed his own wife. She was caught in a crossfire between him and the enemy, and that made her a liability.

If you're a Sehgal and you have some liability in your life, you get rid of it. That's what uncle did, kill aunt.