Paint Cans | Chapter 43

Lex's POV:

I was finally home and it felt so damn good. Nick and Cardell had set up the nursery furniture and Nat told me she bought a few gender neutral things to decorate the room with. Unfortunately, Nick wasn't home when I got there and Cardell and his girlfriend had flew back home that morning so the house was abnormally quiet.

My phone rang with my doctors name on the screen.

"Hi Dr. Sarraf!"

"Alexa! Glad to hear you're okay. Come down and we will check on the baby"

I called Nick to tell him where I was going and headed for the doctor.

Time had flown by and about 30 minutes later I was finished with the exam.
"Everything looks great. We have the gender,  would you like to know?" I shook my head.

"Please tell Kevin. Here's his number. Nick and I would like to do an intimate gender reveal this weekend." I started this whole journey with Kevin so I knew I had to include him in this process too.
_____
It was Saturday afternoon and time to find out the gender of our baby. Nick and I purposely left the walls of the nursery white so that we could paint it whatever color matched the gender we were having. We were also recording this and taking photos for the fans and for our friends and family. I walked into the nursery to find Danielle waiting for me. Her smile was from ear to ear.

"Lex! All ready?"

I nodded my head and smiled. I had thrown on a classic pair of ripped mom jeans, unbuttoned to show the small baby bump forming, and a white crop top. Nick, matching of course, came in with nearly the same outfit shortly after me.

Kevin handed us both blind folds and turned us towards the wall. Danielle made sure we couldn't see a thing before we started.

"Okay, try not to make a mess. Lex, here's your brush." He handed me a tiny paintbrush and I waited for further instructions. "Nick, here's yours."

"I'm holding the paint can. GENTLY dip in your brushes and start painting the wall."

I did as he said. The smell of paint consuming me. I could hear the strokes of the brushes and the photos being captured. I reached out slowly, grabbing Nick's hand. "What do you think we're having?"

He was silent for a moment. "I truly have no idea. But I'm so glad I'm doing this with you."

"I am too."

Before we were able to look, a few more photos were taken and they had us pose for some. I could feel the baby move at Nick's touch. I placed his hand where the baby was pushing and giggled. "Is that my peanut?" I nodded eventhough he couldn't see me. "The one and only." He pulled me in for a deep, passionate hug and whispered into my ear. "You're so damn breathtaking...". My knees felt like jelly under his touch.

Kevin and Danielle broke us out of our intimate moment and placed us in front of each other. "Ready to see what you're having?"

Nick reached out and grabbed my hands before they removed our blindfolds for us. Our heads turned to the wall at the same time.

Nick's eyes watered as he turned back to me.

"Oh my god."