2Drunk | Chapter 5

"Lex! Nick!! We need you for this game. It's drunk jenga! We're gonna make up dares as we go along. If you don't want to do it, you have to drink. Kevin's gonna keep score because the dares can get crazy. So him and Franklin are gonna switch" Joe yelled from across the living room.

I grabbed mine and Nicks shot glasses and ran to the table, Nick following behind me closely. How crazy could this game really get? We're all adults here. Right?

____
"Nick you have to sing the lyrics to your song 2Drunk like you're in a music video!" Angela laughed thinking he'd take the shot instead of doing the dare. Nick grabbed his sunglasses out of his jacket and ran to the kitchen. It's important to mention that they probably all have way too much alcohol in their system and the rest of their families have gone to bed. It's just the 7 of them acting like kids again.
Nick started moving around the counters singing "Now I'm dancing in the kitchen, breaking all the dishes" He grabbed the stack of paper plates, throwing them in the air as they all laughed, watching him make a fool of himself.

Impulsively, he grabbed Lex, pulling her close and staring into her eyes, slowing down his singing, "Breaking all the rules that I set myself
I swore I wouldn't lose my mind again"
Lex, heartbeat racing, decided to finish the lyric for him.. "Yeah, what would Mama say? She'd say "Oh, you never know when to stop" Like everyday's Friday night"
Time stopped in Nicks head. It was him and Lex. Alone. He finished,"Too drunk and I'm all in my feelings...." They pulled apart after hearing Kat clap at the concert.

Lex cleared her throat and fixed her jeans. "Joe. Your turn." Everyone returned to the table watching Joe place his block on top of the pile. "You've gotta play a one on one game of Twister with the person next to you" Kevin blurted out, all of us backing up except Angela who wasn't aware we were doing that. Joe bit his lip and motioned for Angela to join him. It wasn't a secret that they all wanted the two to end up together. They just needed some help.

"Right leg on green Ang" Kevin called out.
"You might as well give up now. I'm the master at this game." Joe teased. Angela moved her right leg causing Joe to fall on top of her, them now face to face and closer than ever. "Oops... looks like I win seeing as I'm still on my spots....master." Joe kissed her on the cheek and helped her up. "I want a rematch soon." Angela pushed past Joe, giving Kat and Lex a silent "thank you".

Joe rejoined the group knowing this would be one of the last few dares because the stack was getting uncontrollably out of shape. "Kat. Show us the thread of the last messages you sent." Kat and Frankie froze knowing it was their messages that were about to get exposed. They had been talking for a few months but did not want to tell the group yet. She nervously handed her phone over to Joe.

Everyone crowded around him trying to peak at her messages.

Her and Frankie nervously shifted trying to look at anything other than the rest of the group

Her and Frankie nervously shifted trying to look at anything other than the rest of the group. A few minutes later, Lex broke the silence.

Lex's POV:
"FINALLY!" Kat looked at her confused. "I've been waiting for this to happen! I'm so happy for you!" Kat sighed in relief and hugged her best friend.
____
Nick ended up losing the game and we decided we'd all relax the rest of the night. Kevin went upstairs to go to bed with Dani while Kat and Frankie went for a late night drive. Angela and Joe were at the dining room table laughing at old Jonas Brothers videos and I went upstairs to change into my pajamas. I stayed in my room for a few minutes trying to process the events of this evening. As I fixed my curls up into a bun, I heard a knock at the door. It was probably Angela needing something she forgot.

"Come in. It's open" I said as I took my contacts out and placed my glasses onto my face.

"Mind if I stay in here with you tonight? I can't get you out of my head.."

Best. Thanksgiving. Ever.