Paranoid | Chapter 27

Lex's POV:
"I'm sorry what????" I couldn't do anything but stare at Nick. "Joe said... what???"
He backed up and sighed. "He said that he fired his stylist. And he had feelings for you."
I was trying to add up in my mind how this could make sense but evidently a college degree taught me nothing. "Where did you happen to hear this?" He stood against the counter I was sitting on. "They were in the bathroom. I was walking in when I heard your name. So I decided to listen and that's what I heard." I put my hair in a bun. "Is there ANY way that you could have heard wrong I mean you did think that we were secretly dating because you didn't have all of the information?" He looked at me in my eyes. "I know what I heard." I rubbed my head. "I'm nauseous." He laughed. "You're nauseous?!?! My brother is trying to date my girlfriend." I put my hands up. "Okay we don't know this. We just need to confirm. And then we can say that." He grabbed my hands. "Please don't go for my brother instead. I know that things haven't been easy and I'm not the best person at times. But I really love you." I grabbed his face. "It's me and you, kid. I'm not going anywhere."
_____
It's the final show in Vegas tonight and almost time for me to help Joe get ready. "Lex!" I jumped. "Hey Joe!" He hugged me. That's different. "How did last night go? Are you okay?" I nodded. "All good. Thank you. Let's get you dressed." He slid his shirt off and waited for his options. Usually he waits and we pick while he's still clothed. Nick has me paranoid. "I held up two shirts and compared them with his skin. "I like this one." I handed him the shirt and he smiled. "I like whichever one you like best." I'm overthinking. I'm definitely overthinking. Nick put this in my head and now I'm freaking out for no reason. "Lex?" I broke out of my thoughts. "Yes?" Joe stood infront of me. "Well? Do you like the outfit?" I shook my head. "It's perfect. I did it again." He grabbed my hands. "I usually ask someone else but can you slap me" I nodded and smacked his face hard. "Thank you. You're perfect." He ran out of the door and I ran to Nick's room. "You okay?" I shook my head. "No, your brother is in love with me." He ran up to me and grabbed my face. "See. I'm not crazy." I pouted. "He didn't say he was in love with me. It just seems like he's more...affectionate is the word I'm going to use." His grip on my face got tighter. "You're mine." I shook my head. "We established this. Just go perform. I'll see you after." I kissed him and he headed for the stage.
____
I was watching the show when suddenly Joe spoke up. "We've been singing these songs for 3 days. Let's play a crowd favorite." The intro to "When You Look Me In The Eyes" came on and I could see Joe staring at me while Nick stared at Joe. I caught eyes with Nick and I could see him start to boil internally. This cannot be happening. It's almost as if they were fighting for the top spot on this stage tonight. I can get through this. It's almost over. "I'd just like to thank my new stylist for making sure I'm always comfortable on the stage. Lex! You're the best" Did he just ...? No. I'm hearing things. "She sure is the best. She's also the best at being a girlfriend." No. No. Nick, we're not doing this! "Right! She was also the best best friend for sooo many years!" Thank you Joe. The crowd gets it. I'm the best. Please stop. Kevin sensed the tension and spoke up. "Thank you Vegas! We love you!" Thank you so much Kevin. You're my new favorite Jonas Brother.
____
I ran backstage and found Nick pacing in his dressing room. "I cannot believe he just did that."  His fists were balled. "Nick, please calm down. Nothing is confirmed. We cannot just get mad without an explanation to what you heard." He ran his fingers through his hair. "Well then you should go talk to him because if I do, I'm gonna punch him." I nodded and went to Joe's dressing room. "Knock knock" he smiled. "My favorite girl. What's up?" I sat down. "Quite the shout out you gave there." He nodded and looked at his hands. "I really care about you." I looked around the room. "But not as much as Angela right?" Please agree. Please agree. "I love Angela." Thank God. "But I also love you." Did I hear that right? "Yeah. As a friend. Right?" Silence. I don't think I like silence. "Well..." WELL?! WHAT DOES WELL MEAN. "It used to be as a friend." I looked at Joe. "What is going on?" He turned to face me. "I love Angela. I really do. But... I love you too. When you were in the hospital because of Olivia, it made me realize how much I care about you. And that Nick's not good for you. He only causes you stress. Stress that I end up having to help mend." I got up and I headed for the door. This cannot be happening. "I'm sure once you tell Nick, he will be so mad that he will kick you out tonight. My rooms available if you need it."