Just A Moment Alone | Chapter 8

Nick's POV:

"You look really nice tonight, Nick" I must've been so in my thoughts that I didn't even notice Lex make her way over to me.

"Thanks. You look gorgeous." She smiled and sat on the table infront of me, causing me to have to look up at her from my chair. I sighed. "I was an idiot. I'm sorry I hurt you."

At least if she never speaks to me again, she knows I'm sorry.

She ran her fingers through my hair and I felt my whole body relax. My eyes closed and I groaned hoping she'd never move her hand. "Nick... I like you. And it's alright if you don't like me or you don't want to move forward but I don't want to be in the middle anymore."

I stood up, parting her legs slightly, standing between them so we were eye level and as close as possible. I grabbed her face with one hand, the other one resting on her thigh. She moved her hands to my chest, hanging on to my jacket. "Me? Not like you? I would be an absolute fool if I wasn't head over heels for you"

Lex's POV:

I wrapped my arms around Nick's shoulders and scanned his face for any uncertainty. There was none. "You're serious."

"More serious than I've ever been" I watched his eyes move to my lips and linger there.

I kissed his cheek, feeling his hands slide to my sides, picking me up and throwing me over his shoulder. "Nicholas, where are we going?"

He smirked and walked up the stairs, holding me tight. "I just want a moment alone with you and then we can rejoin the party"

He opened the door to my room, locking it behind him and placed me on the bed gently. I watched him closely as he sat at the edge, head in his hands. "Are you okay?" I scooted closer to him, rubbing his back.

"Come here." He pulled me on to his lap, me now straddling him, my hands in his hair. "I was a mess without you, Lex"

I lowered my head, whispering closely in his ear, "then don't be without me..." my grip on his curls getting tighter, tugging gently.

"That sounds like the perfect plan.."He kissed across my collar bone making my breathing uneven.

He smiled at my reaction and looked up at me. "Lex, can I ask you something?"

"Always." My heart was beating out of my chest waiting for him to speak up.

"Can I take you out on a real date?" His fingers slid up and down my back, giving me goosebumps. I nodded and inched closer, almost closing the space between us until I heard a knock at my door.

"Lex?! Have you seen Nick?! I can't find him." I heard Kevin call from outside. I sighed and looked at Nick.

He leant his head on my chest. "I love Kevin but I hate Kevin."