Room 408 | Chapter 41

"This is officer Reanolds. We've got a female. Late 20s. Currently unconscious but stable. Slight trauma to the head. Her boyfriend states she's pregnant. I'm gonna need an ambulance to the scene please."

Shortly after, the paramedics arrived. Sirens filled the cold air, so loud it was hard to focus. Red and blue lights created an almost night club effect on the scenery. "Sir. We're going to take good care of her. Is there anyone you can call so that you're not alone at this time?" Nicks palm met his curly locks as he did his best to remain calm. "They're on their way already. Just please hurry. Her and the baby are my whole world."

"Nick?! Nick, what happened??" Kevin and Cardell flew out of the car that Danielle could barely stop. "Lex!!! Officer please. Is she okay?" Reanolds pulled everyone to the side. "They're prepping her to go to the emergency room now to double check on everything. Only one person can ride with her. The rest will have to meet them there. Nick motioned for Cardell to get in the ambulance. "I'll go with Kev. Be with your cousin."
____
The ride to the hospital felt long. The beeps of machines. The weaving through traffic. Lex's body on the stretcher. All of it was dreadful. "Lex.  It's gonna be okay. We've got you."

Nick's POV:
I rushed to the hospital with Kev right behind me. Danielle went back for Kat, Joe and Angela.
My tunnel vision spotted those curls from a mile away. Without any further notice to the rest of my body, my legs ran to her.
"Be careful with her! She's pregnant!"

"Are you her husband? If not, you cannot be in here."

Various beeps and shuffling feet filled the room. Nick's silence was louder than all of that. "She isn't my wife yet. But that's my child in there. If you do anything to that baby, you're going to wish today was your day off."

"Okay, please get him out of here so we can work."

_____

"Mr. Jonas, we are going to have admit Alexa. We are going to try two days for now. After that, we will evaluate the situation."

"What about the baby? Will Lex be okay?"

"We will monitor her and the baby nonstop. Don't worry. We've got this. Is there anyone here with you?"

"Her cousin and my brother are in the waiting room."

"We're going to take her to room 408. You can meet us there with them"

_____

Lex's POV:

"Alexa, are you okay like this? Do we need to adjust anything for you?"

My body felt heavy. My arms were bruised and my leg had scratches on it. I repositioned my head, swallowing and realizing how dry my mouth was. My voice tired, making my words a low whisper. "Is my baby okay? Can I have some water? Where is Nick? Can I see him?"

The nurse slid me a cup of cold water. "He's on his way. Your baby is good. We are keeping you here for a few days to monitor you." I nodded and  swallowed the liquid, feeling slightly energized.
"Lex???" My head turned to find all familiar faces except the one I was looking for.
"Thank goodness you're okay!" Hug after hug. I was getting more and more tired as the time went on.
_____
An hour had passed and I was slowly falling asleep. "We're all gonna go and let you rest." I nodded my head and grabbed Kevin's hand. "Have you seen Nick?" Kevin shook his head and frowned. "I haven't. None of us have. We don't know where he is. I'm sorry."

My body fell asleep all thanks to the silence and stillness of the room. My mind, still searching for Nick.

* over 3k reads is insane! Thank you so much ! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ please check out my new Joe Jonas fanfic called Headlock if you haven't done so already !!!  Let me know what you think! ****