Quality Time | Chapter 24

Nick's POV:
"I'm sorry, Lex." He sat up and ran his fingers through his hair. I rubbed his back and sat in his lap. "It's okay. We knew this was a possibility. How do you want to handle it?" He shook his head. "I wish I could just tell people the truth." I looked around. "Why can't you?" "What do you mean?" I stood up and paced the living room. "Talk about it. Share your feelings. Be real with your fans. They will appreciate the honesty." He looked at me confused. "When am I supposed to do that?" I pointed at him. "You have an interview with Kelly Clarkson coming up... maybe then?" He pulled me in for a hug and squeezed. "Babe... if you... keep squeezing... you won't have ... a girlfriend ... to talk... about." He laughed and let me go, pulling me into his lap. "I get to talk about you. May favorite thing to do." I rested my forehead against his and smiled. "It's bed time. I've thought enough for one day."
_____
Nick's POV:

"Everyone please welcome my good friend Nick Jonas!" Applause was heard throughout the room. Lex blew me a kiss from behind the set and I walked out, waving to the audience. Kelly and I hugged and sat down. "Nick! It's so good to see you! How've you been?" I smiled "I've been pretty good! Got a lot of exciting things coming up this year!" She clapped excitedly. "I can't wait to see what you do with this upcoming year!" She inched closer to me. "If it's okay with you, I'd love to talk about the photos that surfaced a little over a week ago" I nodded and got comfortable on the couch. "Yeah, we can talk about it." She took a sip of her water. "Let's start with who you're dating. Are you back with Olivia?" I shook my head. "I'm not. I'm dating Lex. Who I've posted on my social media. And things are... things are really good. I'm very happy. She's a beautiful person inside and out." Kelly showed the photo that I posted of us in bed on the big screen for everyone. "So this is Lex?" I nodded. "That's my girl." I smiled at the photo and Kelly jumped up. "So how did these photos with Olivia happen?" I sighed. "Well, I was under the impression that I was meeting with her for another Ms. Universe opportunity. And things got blown out of proportion. But I am not a cheater and not a liar." Kelly nodded and smiled. "Thank you for clearing that up! I know you personally and you're an amazing guy! I have some facts about yourself that I'd like you to tell me if it's a fact or fake because as we can see, the internet lies." He nodded "It definitely does. I'd love to."
____
I finished up with Kelly and was heading home with Lex when my phone rang. "Hello?"

"Nick! Can you ask Lex if we can have another hang out at the cabin? We can all go there tonight."

"I'll ask her." I hung up and grabbed her hand.

"Babe, Kev wants to know if we can have a get together at the cabin tonight." She nodded and kissed my cheek. "Let's go home and pack."
____
Lex and I pulled up at the same time as everyone else did and hopped out of the car.

"Auntie Lex!!!!" She turned around and Valentina was running to her, hugging her leg. I looked at her. "Well that's new" she smiled and picked her up. Kevin walked up to me and put his arm around my shoulder. "She asked on the way here if she could call her that. I told her to try it and see. Looks like it's not an issue." I smiled and grabbed our bags. "Let's get inside."
_____
Joe's POV:
"I can't believe you've been on Lex all night. What about Uncle Joe?!" Valentina giggled and I sat next to Lex on the couch. "How are you doing?" She smiled. "I'm good. I've got my bestie with me. How are you?" I stuck my tongue out at Valentina. "I'm doing good. You know, it used to be me and you all of the time. Now you're always with Nick." She laughed. "You're dating Angela!" I leaned my head on her shoulder. "Yeah, but you're my best friend. I miss you." She leaned her head on mine. "I'm sorry, Joe. We will hang out more. I promise. Let's get lunch together on Tuesday." Nick walked over and examined the scene. "Any room for your boyfriend?" She shook her head. "All booked at the moment." I laughed and got up. "She was mine first. But she's yours now. See you Tuesday, Lex. " Nick sat down in my place and I went to find Angela.
____
Lex's POV:
"Talk about anything good?" I looked at him. "He misses me. We used to be best friends but now I spend all of my time with his brother." He shrugged. "He had you for so long. I couldn't wait any longer." I giggled and he looked at Valentina who was fast asleep on me. "Auntie Lex, huh?" I nodded. "That's me." I kissed her head. "Can we have a small date tonight?" "Yeah. Of course. What did you want to do?" Nick got up and started walking away. "Leave that up to me. Meet me upstairs in 20 minutes."
____
"Nick??"
"In here." I walked into the bathroom, candles and rose petals all over the floor and counters. Nick was sitting in the jacuzzi tub with two glasses of champagne in his hands. I stripped out of my clothes and sat in his lap, my back against his chest. He whispered in my ear. "I needed to just relax." I sat back and nuzzled my head in his neck. "How are you feeling after your interview?" He took a sip of his champagne. "I feel good. I haven't checked social media but I just hope Olivia is done with this. I want to live my life out with you. Tour is starting this year. We've got some performances coming up in the next few months. I just wanna focus on those things." I nodded and turned around, straddling him. "Is that all you want to focus on? Or is there possibly anything else?" He slid his hands to my thighs. "I can think of like one or two more things..."
____
The group was all relaxing on the couches when Joe's phone rang. He excused himself and I threw grapes into my mouth. "Guys. Maybe we should.... I don't know... go out sometime?" Kevin laughed. "This isn't out?" I looked at him. "You're such a dad." Joe came back clearly frustrated. Angela held his arm. "What's wrong love?" He sighed. "My stylist just quit. And I need to find one. Fast." Dani sat up. "Whats wrong with Lex?" I looked at her. "Huh?" He jumped up. "Yes! Lex you went to school for fashion. Please. Help me." Nick gave us a look and I froze. "Uhm....yeah. I guess so."

Looks like Joe will be getting that quality time he wanted. But why does Nick seem unhappy?