Love Her | Chapter 12

Lex's POV

"Hello?"

"Hey handsome. Wanna hang out today?"

"I can't, remember? I have the game with Joe."

"Oh, right. Well, since the game is closer to my house, how about you pack a bag and stay with me for the weekend? There's kissing involved..."

"I'm sold. I'll see you later beautiful."

I hung up the phone and smirked. That was easier than I thought. The game started in 2 hours and I was getting dressed. I paired some black jeans with a Giants jersey that I customized with the name "JONAS" and number "1" on the back and put my hair up into a bun so Nick would be able to visibly see me wearing his name. I threw on my white platform converse and decided to not wear any makeup, keeping my face completely natural.

"Hellooooooo?" Ang called from downstairs. "I'm here!" I sprayed myself with some perfume and headed down the stairs.

"Hey Ang! Let's go. I'm ready."

Nick's POV:
"Joe where the hell did you get these seats? We're practically on the field with the players."

"Yeah..I really outdid myself!"

"Excuse me Mr. Jonas?" Joe and I both turned around.
"Sorry. Nick Jonas." The man I've never met handed me a beer. "Uhm... what is this for?"

He looked at me confused. "Oh. The lady over there purchased it for you." I looked down the row where he was pointing and there she was. "Lex?!" Joe patted my back and smiled. "Go get your girl, bro." Your seat is over there. Mine is right here."

She stood up as I walked over to her. "Hi handsome." She pulled me into a kiss and motioned for me to sit down. "What are you doing here?!" She kissed me again and grabbed my hand. "I planned it. You're not the only one who has tricks up their sleeve"

"You planned this? You're amazing." I sat back and took a sip of my beer.

"Do you like my jersey?" She turned around and showed me her back. "You're so adorable. Please tell me you're going to be wearing nothing but that jersey tonight?" She laughed. "I think I can arrange that."

_____
"That was so much fun, Lex. I can't believe you planned that."

"Don't act like you didn't just send me on a scavenger hunt and pamper me two weeks ago." I pulled her close by her waist, my hand sliding into her back pocket. "You deserve the world and I plan on being the one to give it to you."

She grabbed my face. "You're my favorite person."

I kissed her forehead. "You're MY favorite person. Don't tell my brother, he thinks it's him."

"Joe thinks he's everyone's favorite."

I picked her up and placed her on the counter. "Well, as much as I love him. I think my girlfriend has the top spot."

Lex froze. "Girlfriend?"

"Are you not my girlfriend? I'm sorry I just thought—" she cut me off with a kiss and wrapped her legs around me. "Dance with me."

"What?"

She hopped off of the counter and connected her phone to the speaker in the living room. The beginning melody to "Love Her" blasts through the speakers. I grabbed her waist with one hand and held her face with the other. Her hands slid to my chest and then around my neck. She leaned her head on me and we danced around the kitchen.

Peace filled my body. I will stop the world for this girl if she asks me to. "Nick....?" I looked down at her. "Yeah?" She looked up. "I love this. I love being with you."

I twirled her slowly. "I love you." I can't fight it anymore. She had to know. A silence filled the air and my chest tightened. "You don't have to say it back. I just... had to tell you."

"I love you too.." She stood on her toes and kissed me.

"I lose all control around you, Lex. Don't tell me that if you're not sure."

Lex stepped back slowly removing every article of clothing except the jersey she was wearing. She undid her bun, her curls falling around her face. I've never seen a more beautiful version of her. Staring into my eyes she repeated herself. "I love you."

"Tell me again." I love hearing her say it.

"I love you, Nick."

"I love you, Lex."

I watched her walk up the stairs slowly. Each one exposing more of her skin to me. She removed the jersey at the top step. "Show me."