Deep Conversations | Chapter 26

"Is everything okay?" He let me in. I sighed and sat down. "No. Nick is acting crazy because you and I are close." He sat down next to me. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause any trouble." I shook my head. "It's fine. I asked him what he wanted me to do and it just seems like either way he's gonna be upset. So I'm just gonna give him time until he cools down." He grabbed my hand. "I can talk to Nick. Maybe he just doesn't wanna say the wrong thing and lose you." I nodded and laid on the couch. "Can I sleep here tonight?" "Absolutely not. Take the bed. I'll take the couch."
_____
Nick's POV:
I haven't seen Lex yet today. I'm sure she's with Joe. I've been calling and texting her all last night and this morning but no answer. I overheard Joe talking to Jack about a month ago and I have felt uneasy since.
"Hey bro!" Oh Great. It's Joe. I turned around. "What's up Joe?" He grabbed a banana and sat down. "Nothing much. Wanna tell me why I had your girlfriend in my bed last night?" "What?!?!" He laughed. "Calm down, Nick. I slept on the couch. She was in the bed. What's going on with you?" I ran my fingers through my hair. "I just want time with Lex. She became your stylist and I never see her. We are only going to get busier. I want to be with her before it gets busy." Joe sighed. "Well this isn't helping. She seemed really upset." "I'm not trying to upset her. I just want time with her. With everything going on, she's my calm in the storm." Joe got up and headed for the door. "We've gotta get ready for the show. Try talking to her. Calmly, maybe."
______
The show was over and I still hadn't seen Lex. I thought she'd be in Joe's dressing room after the show but she wasn't. I changed into some more comfortable clothes and Kevin came into the room.
"Nick, do you want to come to the Waffle House with us?" I shrugged "Will Lex be there?" He nodded and held out his phone. "I texted her. She agreed to meet us there." I grabbed my things and got in the car with Kevin. "We should be there in a few minutes."
_____
Lex's POV:
I arrived at the Waffle House and saw the boys and Dani already sat. I walked up to the table and sat next to Nick. "I like your jacket" I smiled at him. "Thank you, Nick." He held his hand out and I couldn't help but grab it. He squeezed and kissed it, looking into my eyes. "Can we talk after this?" Something must be really bothering him. I nodded and put my other hand on his arm. "We can." We ended up splitting a waffle with strawberries and some bacon. I drove us back to the hotel and kicked my shoes off. In the midst of me pulling off my jacket, I was swept off my feet and placed on the bathroom sink. "You are amazing. I'm sorry I was jealous. It's just that things are about to only get busier. I mean The Tour is going to have outfit changes." I grabbed Nick's face. "What is this about? Because it's not Joe's clothes." He sighed and looked at me. "I overheard him say to Jack that he fired his stylist. She didn't quit. And that he had feelings for you. What if this is a plan to end up with you?"