Comfortable | Chapter 9

Lex's POV:
"Yeah, Kev. I know where he is." I hopped off of Nick and grabbed his hand, pulling him up. "Come on. Your brother needs you."

"Can't he need me tomorrow?" I laughed and let Kevin into the room.

"Sorry guys. Joe said he wanted everyone downstairs so he could give Angela her gift."

Nick sighed. "It's fine. I get it." He pointed to me "Don't go to sleep without me tonight." He fixed his hair and headed down the stairs.

Kevin folded his arms and looked at me "Do I wanna know?"

I grabbed his arm and laughed. "Your brother hasn't even kissed me yet and he's already planning to sleep with me."

"That kid moves quick." He laughed and guided me down the stairs.

_____
Kevin, Nick and I sat down next to the others in the living room.

"Now that everyone's here, I'd like to give Angela her gift" Joe pulled out the box, now all wrapped up, out of his pocket and handed it to her. "I hope you like it."

Ang opened the box, instantly squealing and jumping into his arms. "It's beautiful!!! Thank you so much, Joe!" He hugged her back while shifting his eyes from me to Nick. "I'm so glad you love it."

Nick shifted on the couch awkwardly before grabbing my hand. "Guys, this gives me an idea. Christmas is in like two and a half weeks. Let's do Secret Santa. We're all gonna be together anyway, right?"

There was no objection so we all threw our names into one of Joe's hats. Shaking it up, he had us pick one by one. "Okay. That's all of them."

Kevin rubbed his hands together. "Anyone up for a movie?"

Dani grabbed his arm. "I'm down. Sounds like the perfect way to end Ang's birthday. Movie night in Prom Attire."

Frankie spread out on the couch, laying in Kats lap. "We're down. As long as it's Camp Rock."

"I refuse." Kevin threw his hands up, making Dani laugh.

"What's the matter Kev? Still mad you never got your birdhouse?" I giggled, heading towards the kitchen to start making popcorn.

___
It was 2am and no one was awake. We all must've fell asleep during the movies. I headed up to my room to get comfortable and take my contacts out.

Nick's POV:

I woke up and Lex was nowhere to be found but everyone else was passed out on either the couch or floor. I headed upstairs to see if she was okay.

I approached her door and knocked gently.
I faintly heard her say "Come in.". When I walked in, she was laying in her bed wearing a tank top and biker shorts. I stripped out of my suit, leaving me in my boxers and joined her in bed. "I thought I said not to go to bed without me."

"I'm sorry. You were so peaceful."

"I was peaceful because when I went to sleep, you were next to me."

She played with my hair, my weakness. "I'm sorry, love. It won't happen again."

"I have to talk to you." I slowly ran my fingers up and down her arm.

"Are you okay?"

"I got a call from Phil earlier. They want The Tour to start August 12th. We have the rest of this month and next month off and then we have scheduled shows and tour preparations back to back."

"That's so exciting! I can't wait to see videos!"

"You're not coming to opening night?? It's your birthday. I want to spend it with you."

She layed her head on my chest, pulling us both under the blanket. "We're not really going to be together. You're gonna be on stage."

"So? I want you to be there with me. Do you not want to go?" I sat up, a little frustrated.

"I mean, it doesn't matter. I can go."

"What does that mean Lex? It's fine if you don't want to. Just let me know."

She giggled and kissed my cheek. "I'm kidding. I'd love nothing more than to spend my birthday on tour with you." I instantly relaxed.

She makes my heart beat out of my damn chest. A simple touch or giggle and I'm going crazy.

"Come here, Lex" I sat up and pulled her on top of me, holding her face. "You and I are going on a date later today after we get some sleep. Wear something nice, be ready by 7, and I will handle the rest."

She leaned in and I couldn't resist any longer. Our lips touched and my whole body felt like it was on fire. My hands wandered from her back to her hair, hers wrapped around my neck. We slowly pulled away, catching our breath. I smiled at her, kissing her lips one last time. "Nick, being with you feels so.... Comfortable." She leaned her forehead against mine, our lips meeting again.

Uh oh, I think the cartwheels in my heart are back.

You're Breathtaking.. | Nick Jonasजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें