Love Letters | Chapter 10

Lex's POV:
I yawned reaching for Nick but found myself alone instead. I opened my eyes and sat up. The blinds were still shut and his space was made neatly with a note on the pillow.

I'm sorry we couldn't wake up together but I have to prepare for a date with this gorgeous girl tonight. Go find Frankie.. he will help you start your day.
Love, Nick ❤️

I smiled hopping in the shower and putting my hair in a slicked back bun. I brushed my teeth and threw on a pair of ripped jeans, a white crop top, and black and white checkered vans. I ran downstairs noticing it was extra quiet in the house. "Hello??? Guys??!" No answer. I ran to the window and saw that every car was gone. Where is everyone? I walked out onto the porch to find another note on the bench.

Lex,
I'm taking you to breakfast. I hope you didn't eat. I will be there at 10am!
- Frankie

I pulled out my phone. 9:50. Oh. Not bad. I'll just wait out here. I grabbed my purse and locked the door. The lake looked so pretty during the day. I took advantage of my time and sent a selfie to Nick. He replied quickly with a "🥵🔥 damn." Laughing, I locked my phone and looked up to see Frankie waiting for me. When I got in the car, Frankie greeted me and handed me another note.

By now, you're with Frankie and headed to breakfast. Get something good. I can't wait to hear all about your day. I'll see you soon.
Love, Nick ❤️

I slid the note into my purse and put my seatbelt on. "What would you like for breakfast, Lex?"

"Mmm....french toast?" Frankie nodded and drove to the nearest diner.
____
"How are things with Kat?" I asked while covering my French toast in syrup.

"They're good. I really like her. It's crazy. We're all in something new. Except Kev obviously."

"Yeah. It is crazy. I never thought I'd end up with Nick."

"I did. He's always talked about you through out the years. He's always had some sort of feelings for you."

"He never said anything."

"You were always with Joe. I guess he thought he never had a chance."

Was I really that unapproachable? I had no idea he felt like this for so long.

I finished my breakfast and pulled out my wallet. "Don't you dare. This whole day is on Nick."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Yes sir."

As we were about to leave, a familiar face walked into the door.

"Lex, I hope breakfast was good. But I'm here to steal you from Frankie."

"Hi, Joseph. What are we doing?"

"Please follow me" I grabbed Joe's arm and said my goodbyes to Frankie. We walked a few blocks to a nail salon.

"Good Afternoon! You must be Lex! This is for you."

You're at the nail salon so that means Joe took good care of you. I hope the breakfast was everything you wanted. Time to be pampered. Enjoy it beautiful.
Love, Nick ❤️

I added the note to the others and sat down. "You're getting your nails done with me right, Joe?"

"Duh. What color are we getting?"

"I'm getting pink. But you totally need this blue"

He wiggled his fingers. "It's so totally my shade." We laughed and sat in the chairs relaxing.